Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Oct 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
So glad for tips from DIBBers on this forum. I was getting ridiculous prices for car hire but have managed to get a good deal now via HolidayAutos as recommended by 2point.
MIA to Disney Springs area (1 day car hire) £40
Pick up from a hotel near SeaWorld and drop off at MIA (1 day car hire) £40
I was being quoted over £200 for one day elsewhere. Even picking up from Hard Rock, where we are staying, was silly prices. OK we will end up grabbing an Uber to pick up the car but it’s worth it for the saving. If you’re prepared to be a little flexible on pick up/drop off point, there are deals to be had 😊
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SloanRangers View Post
So glad for tips from DIBBers on this forum. I was getting ridiculous prices for car hire but have managed to get a good deal now via HolidayAutos as recommended by 2point.
MIA to Disney Springs area (1 day car hire) £40
Pick up from a hotel near SeaWorld and drop off at MIA (1 day car hire) £40
I was being quoted over £200 for one day elsewhere. Even picking up from Hard Rock, where we are staying, was silly prices. OK we will end up grabbing an Uber to pick up the car but it’s worth it for the saving. If you’re prepared to be a little flexible on pick up/drop off point, there are deals to be had 😊
What was your good price from holiday autos?
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Budmiester
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
No ones booking at “those” prices. We’re all sharing tips and tricks to find near normal prices and booking them.
All I was pointing out was that it’s made me consider not getting a car for the first time that’s all and maybe that’s an option others might consider as well.
Budmiester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
What was your good price from holiday autos?
2 x 1 day car hire at £40 each (Jeep Compass or similar) to get us to and fro between Miami and Orlando
Elsewhere I was being quoted around £250 per day for the same. I’m happy with £40
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Budmiester View Post
All I was pointing out was that it’s made me consider not getting a car for the first time that’s all and maybe that’s an option others might consider as well.
I’m sure others have considered it before, and then considered it again when seeing the headline prices but most who find their way to the car forum want to book a car and are happy to when they find the decent (ish) prices.

Your post was literally just complaining about the crazy prices and it’s made you think you don’t need a car and what you will spend the difference on (based on the crazy prices no ones booking).

You didn’t mention the fact that we’re all getting decent prices through sharing tips and tricks, so I assumed that had passed you by and you may want to rethink your decision again now you know.

Edited at 08:27 PM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
I’m sure others have considered it before, and then considered it again when seeing the headline prices but most who find their way to the car forum want to book a car and are happy to when they find the decent (ish) prices.

Your post was literally just complaining about the crazy prices and it’s made you think you don’t need a car and what you will spend the difference on (based on the crazy prices no ones booking).

You didn’t mention the fact that we’re all getting decent prices through sharing tips and tricks, so I assumed that had passed you by and you may want to rethink your decision again now you know.
Agreed certainly considered it. For me I’d need two Ubers each way. Each day to parks and back. We will go bush gardens and Kennedy so that’s a fair chunk there alone, eating offsite, adding that all up it works out pretty expensive. Obviously the convenience is a pretty decent factor as well, the option to pop back to the villa in the day. I’m averaging about £45 a day with hertz not at the airport for a van which I’m fairly happy with. If anything else comes up before hand (I have just under a year) then I’ll change to something cheaper, ideally with pickup at MCO to avoid taxis on day 1. If your staying onsite and eating mainly onsite then it’s a no brainer to use Ubers or use provided transport rather than hiring.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List