Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Oct 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
It's asking me to link my tickets again to plan days on genie. Is that correct? They are already linked to MDE and when I go to that day on Genie it says I have a park reservation but won't let me plan anything?
My tix were in there. Didn't need to relink.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Might be something to do with our tickets technically being undated until they roll out the magic tickets? The reservation system only checks that you have a ticket on your account, it doesn't seem to look at validity. Where Genie might have been set up to look at ticket date as well.
Those tix should be good to the 15th regardless of what Genie says though?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

As I mentioned above, Disney have said Genie+ won't be available to purchase for UK tickets until 2nd November, I imagine the Genie service maybe limited as well until then. Also bare in mind the parks have yet to open and this is the first day, so things may not work until they open.

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
It's asking me to link my tickets again to plan days on genie. Is that correct? They are already linked to MDE and when I go to that day on Genie it says I have a park reservation but won't let me plan anything?
I don't think anyone will have that answer, no-one has done the process yet. I'd suggest waiting a bit, or at least until 2nd November which is when Genie+ is possible for UK tickets.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
As I mentioned above, Disney have said Genie+ won't be available to purchase for UK tickets until 2nd November, I imagine the Genie service maybe limited as well until then. Also bare in mind the parks have yet to open and this is the first day, so things may not work until they open.

I don't think anyone will have that answer, no-one has done the process yet. I'd suggest waiting a bit, or at least until 2nd November which is when Genie+ is possible for UK tickets.
Your tix should show now if they were in the previous app. Mine did apart from the glitch for my last 2 days. You shouldn't need to relink anything. My reservations were in there. The genie + is just the give us your money part. Genie is the planner where you can tell it your likes now and will show your reservations.
Old 19 Oct 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Those tix should be good to the 15th regardless of what Genie says though?
They should be, yes. But I'm guessing that there's some kind of check that's failing on UK tickets. We've seen repeatedly over the past few months that international access isn't being tested, so much fails on site. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's not recognising UK tickets properly for some reason.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Your tix should show now if they were in the previous app. Mine did apart from the glitch for my last 2 days. You shouldn't need to relink anything. My reservations were in there. The genie + is just the give us your money part. Genie is the planner where you can tell it your likes now and will show your reservations.
Well aware of that. But there is obviously a reason why you can't purchase Genie+ for specifically UK tickets until 2nd November, I'm just suggesting that it is possible that it maybe related to that. The app is still the same app, in my ticket and passes it even still mentions "Fastpass+ selection".
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

I am on Samsung and it wont let me try to purchase Genie plus without taking me to purchase tickets page. Doesnt seem to be showing up on my app properly at all. Will get DH to check his on apple phone
scottishgirl1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
I am on Samsung and it wont let me try to purchase Genie plus without taking me to purchase tickets page. Doesnt seem to be showing up on my app properly at all. Will get DH to check his on apple phone
As I mentioned above, Disney have said you won't be able to purchase on UK tickets until 2nd November. As far as I'm aware you won't be able to purchase until the day of regardless (unless you bought genie+ in advanced through part of the ticket or package).
Old 19 Oct 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

I had to uninstall the app twice, second time it took me to the correct updated version to re install and it shows Genie there now so should be good to go in November. Earlier I couldnt get free Genie service to even show up without hitting search and then it took me to buy tickets page
scottishgirl1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
This channel are live now and using it...

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List