Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Oct 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
thanks everyone i have now downloaded the app on my phone so can keep taking a look throughout the day... do i just go on ..my booking.. ?
Yes, log in and add your booking to the app. When you log in it should show you the cost to upgrade (pull down on the screen to refresh the page when it loads up to get the current price) Just to add to the drama, I personally have found that trying to complete the upgrade on my iPhone always seems to fail at the booking part after picking the seats etc. I find it easier to do it with the iPad or laptop. Don't know why it should do that, its a modern top spec phone but hey ho, its a reoccurring thing for me. So check on the app, then dive onto the iPad or computer to complete the sale!

The above relates to the Virgin and Delta apps. similar principle on BA too.

We booked months ago for next April but only bagged the cheap upgrade two weeks ago so hang in there and keep an eye on it!

Good luck!

Edited at 12:54 PM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

When I booked before I used a load of points and paid taxes - kept checking the availability of reward flights and booked one leg at a time. This time I had booked economy with air miles, used a voucher to upgrade to PE and used SeatSpy to see when UC became available. That meant I could points upgrade to PE and my voucher gave me the Upgrade to Upper. I only did that on the way out and it cost me about 10k points and around £80. Bargain 😀
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
CJC
Very Serious Dibber

Just keep checking prices. We booked a package for 2022 with premium seats, then monitored flight prices on VA site which fluctuated massively on a daily basis, and when reduced contacted our VH rep. We’ve secured upper class and only paid £250 extra per person, per flight.
CJC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by CJC View Post
Just keep checking prices. We booked a package for 2022 with premium seats, then monitored flight prices on VA site which fluctuated massively on a daily basis, and when reduced contacted our VH rep. We’ve secured upper class and only paid £250 extra per person, per flight.
Very true…..but wow that’s a proper bargain 👍🏼
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

I was gobsmacked at our upgrades.
I booked 4xPE back in 2019 with VH to go on a fly drive in April 2020.
Obviously this got cancelled, so rebooked for 2021 and upgraded outbound with miles and inbound with cash.
Again, this got cancelled - miles etc all refunded.
Jump forward to June 2021 when flights were about to re released for 2022.
Phoned VH 3 days before and was quited £5000 to upgrade all 4 of us to UC both ways - No chance i thought, so left it.
The day the flights were released, rang VH again and surprisingly, spoke to the same agent (handy, as she remembered what I was looking for).
Put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with a new flight reference number PLUS a £1000 REFUND !
No Idea how this could happen, but obviously was very happy.
So, 4 x UC for £1000 less than we paid for 4 x PE in 2019 - RESULT!
Old 19 Oct 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

We did this at the airport going out on the 27th sept. There had been no availability since the time we’d booked for rewards upgrades so we held out till the day.
At the check in desk, we were quoted £690 each, each way and so asked if we could use miles to which we were told to go over to the ticket desk. I can’t remember how many miles it cost (was my husbands account) but it was £172 plus miles in total for the return for both. (This was Heathrow to Barbados)
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

We got an upgrade price offer via the App of £270 to move from PE to UC for one leg of our Orlando trip in January 2022. We booked it immediately and have been keeping a close eye on upgrade prices ever since for our outward journey. Unfortunately prices have jumped to nearly 3k ever since the US announced their plans to open their borders and also our plane changing from an A330-200 to an A350. We've since made a minimal bid. We don't expect to get it, but in for a penny in for a pound.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 05:32 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby 52
slightly serious Dibber

i booked back in January bagged PE going out First class coming back £2040 total for the both of us ! missus still doesn't know she is coming back first class ;-)
scooby 52 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

I have a package booked with VH so can’t see the upgrade prices on VA app, really frustrating. All I can do is call up and wait for hours or bid for the upgrade. If I bid for the upgrade and i’m successful, I assume they can seat us anywhere and apart from each other?
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List