Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Once Upon a Family / April 2018 / Day 14 Epcot & Home Time :(

The alarm went off for one final time at 7am today. We did our final packing, call Bell Services to collect the cases, and headed down to breakfast in the lounge.

UADA6522 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We said goodbye to our lovely Club Level before walking to Epcot at 8.30am.

We headed straight to Test Track but the wait was already at 60 minutes so we abandoned that and went to Soarin instead, which was just a 20 minute wait.

We also rode Living with the Land…for Matt’s first time! That was thrilling as ever lol.

We headed over to Figment next, but the wait was 40 minutes so we skipped that.

We did have Frozen Fastpass for this morning but it was unfortunately down when we were due to ride and also whenever we were nearby so we never got to use that, unfortunately.

The park was really busy today because it was Marathon weekend and also a weekend during the Flower & Garden Festival but it still felt busier than I was expecting.

We popped into Mouse Gear for a final look but I resisted temptation, before heading over to Mexico to complete our walk around the world. We had 50 or so snack credits to use so we decided to do some snacking as we went.

Louise, Dan and Molly were having fun too – meeting Joy & Sadness, Anna & Elsa,

EPCOT_INSIDEOUTCHAR_20180421_411068292117 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

EPCOT_INSIDEOUTCHAR_20180421_411068340448 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

EPCOT_INSIDEOUTCHAR_20180421_411068340446 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

EPCOT_INSIDEOUTCHAR_20180421_411068340445 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

EPCOT_FROZENCHARA2_20180421_411070611456 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

EPCOT_FROZENCHARA2_20180421_411070611241 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

EPCOT_FROZENCHAR_20180421_411068480160 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

EPCOT_FROZENCHAR_20180421_411068480155 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

EPCOT_FROZENCHAR_20180421_411068480150 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

EPCOT_FROZENCHAR_20180421_411068311794 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We started with Churros in Mexico which were yummy; but the School Bread (that I have been meaning to try since our honeymoon in 2012!) which was yuk! We skipped any snacks in China, Germany and Italy (Matt had reached his DDP limit lol) but I did pick up a frushi in Japan which was very nice.

IMG_8946 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8945 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8948 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8947 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8949 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8950 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8954 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

20180421_110722 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8953 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8955 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8957 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8956 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8958 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

EPCOT_WRLDSHW2_20180421_411074188833 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

EPCOT_WRLDSHW2_20180421_411074188829 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

EPCOT_WRLDSHW2_20180421_411074188821 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8960 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8959 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We skipped snacks in Morocco, France and the UK, intending to pick up a couple of Canada’s offerings but there was already a crazy wait there so I opted not to indulge. We of course stopped along the way for a mooch and some piccies.

IMG_8961 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8962 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8963 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8964 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Instead, I got a Cronut from the Refreshment Port. Another one of those must do snacks, and it was scrummy!

IMG_8966 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8967 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

After I was done munching, I decided that I just had to have the Britto Oswald that I had spotted at the Art of Disney shop in Disney Springs earlier in the trip, so we walked over to the Epcot Art of Disney store hoping that they had him…success! $58.58 later and he was mine and very handsome he is too! I love him!

It was too busy and a very warm day today so we decided to make a move out of Epcot and went to Boardwalk for some lunch. I was far from hungry but we had credits to eat so we grabbed a pizza pie for 2 QS credits from the pizza window. I didn’t eat all of mine but Matt did as he hadn’t been a snacking piggy around Epcot during the morning.

IMG_8968 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8969 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We then went to Ampel Hills as we hadn’t got around to trying that this trip. Matt had two scoops of their strawberry flavour, and I got 1 scoop of a cookie dough flavour and one of the ooey gooey cake which was delicious, but I was all sweeted out by then so I didn’t finish it. It was good to try it though.

IMG_8971 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8970 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We found the rest of the gang sitting at one of the tables outside Beaches & Cream so we went to meet them. We shared the stories of our respective mornings before deciding it was time to finish spending our snacks (we had about 100 including the leftover QS credits). Dad, Shari, Matt and I went down to the Beach Club Marketplace and bought a whole stash, leaving some others to grab from the Yacht Club before we left, including some drinks for on the Tragical Express.

About 20 minutes before our Tragical Express was due to arrive, the twins arrived back from their Mum’s, we spent the remaining credits, and got our cases to freshen up and change. It arrived promptly at 3.40pm and we left about 10 minutes later. After we picked up at the Beach Club and Boardwalk before hitting the road to the airport.

I hadn’t realised that the service doesn’t drop you off at your terminal any more but at the central drop off point which was a pain that I hadn’t counted on, so we had to get some trolleys and lug everything over to side A for Virgin bag drop (I think I would have done this at Disney Springs this morning had I known!). So stressful with so much stuff and tired kids!

We then decided to grab some food as we knew the offerings were limited in departures, so everyone else had McDonalds and Matt and I had Panda Express from the food court. I wasn’t hungry again but needed to replenish my reserves as I knew I wouldn’t be eating again until we landed in the UK and I raised M&S.

Matt had rice, teriyaki chicken and Beijing beef; and I had chow mein, steak & shrimp and chicken & mushroom, which was delicious as ever. Including a large Sierra Mist, this came to $22.62. Gotta love Panda Express!

20180421_173149 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

20180421_173138 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Given that the lines for security at MCO are notoriously bad, we decided to get in line and it took 50 minutes end to end. Thankfully the TSA dog came out whilst we were there meaning that we were all pre-approved and didn’t have to empty our bags of electronics, liquids, etc, which was much easier!

Once we were all through, we caught the monorail to the gate, and I headed off to the newsagents to grab some waters for the journey. Four waters and one Coke was $14.48.

It wasn’t long before we were called to board, and we were blessed with an empty seat on our row again!

We departed 10 minutes late but landed on time, thankfully. I put my eye mask on, grabbed my new Pooh pillow pal that Molly had bought me on the trip, and I fell asleep quite quickly and was able to sleep through to when we started descending (I have a special gift – my sister couldn’t believe it, she always thought I was lying when I told her).

Security and luggage claim were fairly painless, and as we walked through the other side, I grabbed some milk, juices and yum yums for the journey home. Our cars were waiting for us and we were home at around midday.

Once home, Matt and I completed our usual unpacking mission, the washing machine was put to work, and after a lovely shower, we chilled the rest of that day.

And that’s that – another adventure over!

It was trying at times with the twins but the good definitely outweighed the bag and we had a blast. We remain so grateful to Dad for giving us this opportunity, and we can’t wait for our next adventure!

Thanks for reading and even bigger thanks to those who have commented. It means the world.

See ya real soon guys!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index

Edited at 08:04 PM.
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Amazing looking food today, I hope you slept well on the plane having such full tummies!

Thank you for sharing Natalie, I know you had a great time but I bet you can't wait for it to be just the two of you again.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Really enjoyed your trippie thanks so much for taking the time 😀😀
Old 17 May 18, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Thank you so much for sharing your days with us I have really enjoyed reading them.
Old 17 May 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Mobile

Loved this report. You’ve really gotten me hyped up for our trip. Your pics are gorgeous
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyme
Excited about Disney

Loved reading along with your trip Thanks for sharing!
disneyme is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ebony
Imagineer

Ebony's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
You all certainly had a lovely holiday. Thanks for taking the time & effort in writing your report.
WDW 1998 and once or twice most years since. DW 2005; DLP1993. CRUISES:- Disney- Magic Caribbean 2008/11, Med'10, WBTA 2010/11; Disney Wonder Panama 2013 & 2017] Other Ships - Ncl Jade & Epic; P&O Azura, MSC Divina, Thomson x2, Princess x4,
2019:- Cruises on Hal Statendam April 2wks, DCL Fantasy Sept 2wks. 2020 July-Celebrity Millenium 2wks
Ebony is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Amazing looking food today, I hope you slept well on the plane having such full tummies!

Thank you for sharing Natalie, I know you had a great time but I bet you can't wait for it to be just the two of you again.
Haha I did, from take off until descent! I'm very lucky lol. Matt on the other hand...

It was lovely being in the group, and we would do it again (pestering Dad daily...he needs to work harder lol) but the cruise on our own will be a lovely treat!

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Really enjoyed your trippie thanks so much for taking the time 😀😀
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your days with us I have really enjoyed reading them.
Thanks so much both of you for reading and commenting!

Originally Posted by anniebee65 View Post
Loved this report. You’ve really gotten me hyped up for our trip. Your pics are gorgeous
Thank you!

Originally Posted by disneyme View Post
Loved reading along with your trip Thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much for reading and commenting!

Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
You all certainly had a lovely holiday. Thanks for taking the time & effort in writing your report.
We did, thank you; and thank you for reading and commenting!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I can't believe figment was a 40 minute wait, wow, Epcot must have been really busy. The pizza from the Boardwalk window and ice cream from ample hills is one of my favourite lunch QS meals.

So sad this report is over. I've loved reading about your trip, thanks for sharing it with us.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Really enjoyed your report, thanks for sharing

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List