Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Feb 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Poly Girl 68
Having Dinner with Goofy

Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea

I have booked an afternoon tea at Disney's Grand Floridian hotel for the four females in our group in May this year and wondered if any dibbers have experienced this.

We are really looking forward to this as we like to have an afternoon tea out and it will be different to try this in Florida.

Has anyone been?

Poly Girl 68
Poly Girl 68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DD and I (both adults) went in December it was a lovely experience. You get a menu with lots of different teas on the waitress will advise you if you want. I had a minty one - refreshing can’t remember what DD had. You then decide which afternoon tea you want. Again different ones, eg. caviar, champagne, cheeses, and little sandwiches an onion tart. Dessert DD chose the trifle, I had the one that has a little swan and macaroons? We both had jam tarts and cream scones. Before we left we were given a rose each n. You’ll love it! Enjoy!

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Tim Tracker did a vlog on it they went with another vlogging family the holy moley I think. Might be worth a look at, they also did another afternoon tea vlog off site at another hotel which I think they rated higher might be worth having a look at their YouTube vlogs
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just booked it for my birthday trip in March, will be nice to storm the MK in the morning then chill out in the GF for a while.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Doonhamer08
Excited about Disney

Doonhamer08's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We also did this last year, and it was fantastic. Great selection of teas (including a very normal tasting one which I had). We also had a glass of fizz each, and the sandwiches and cake etc was lovely. As we hadn’t been in the GF before, it was also a great opportunity for a bit of an explore. We also sat in the main entrance area listening to a band and having a lovely relaxing time. This was in September 2019
Doonhamer08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Can I ask how much it costs please?
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Poly Girl 68
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by sasperella View Post
DD and I (both adults) went in December it was a lovely experience. You get a menu with lots of different teas on the waitress will advise you if you want. I had a minty one - refreshing can’t remember what DD had. You then decide which afternoon tea you want. Again different ones, eg. caviar, champagne, cheeses, and little sandwiches an onion tart. Dessert DD chose the trifle, I had the one that has a little swan and macaroons? We both had jam tarts and cream scones. Before we left we were given a rose each n. You’ll love it! Enjoy!
Thanks for your reply, we are all adults as well. I’m going with my mum, mother in law and son’s girlfriend. I’m not a big tea drinker so will stick with a breakfast tea but I do like the occasional magical star cocktail All sounds yummy and the rose was a lovely touch

Poly Girl 68
Poly Girl 68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Poly Girl 68
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by mojo.121 View Post
Tim Tracker did a vlog on it they went with another vlogging family the holy moley I think. Might be worth a look at, they also did another afternoon tea vlog off site at another hotel which I think they rated higher might be worth having a look at their YouTube vlogs
I do love watching their vlogs but must have missed the afternoon tea ones, will have to go and search for them

Poly Girl 68
Old 5 Feb 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Poly Girl 68
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Just booked it for my birthday trip in March, will be nice to storm the MK in the morning then chill out in the GF for a while.
Have a lovely birthday when it comes and enjoy your day in the MK and then GF. We usually go to Florida in October as our schools here in Scotland have two weeks off and as my birthday is in October I think I have spent 11 birthdays in Disney.

Poly Girl 68
Old 5 Feb 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Poly Girl 68
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Doonhamer08 View Post
We also did this last year, and it was fantastic. Great selection of teas (including a very normal tasting one which I had). We also had a glass of fizz each, and the sandwiches and cake etc was lovely. As we hadn’t been in the GF before, it was also a great opportunity for a bit of an explore. We also sat in the main entrance area listening to a band and having a lovely relaxing time. This was in September 2019
Thanks for sharing, it does sound great. I love exploring the resort hotels. Wonder which one I can drag my DH and DS round this year

Poly Girl 68