Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

Aer Lingus nightmare!

Having a bit of a nightmare for our upcoming trip. Due to noticing on the forums here that a lot of Aer Lingus flights have been changed/cancelled, I logged in to check ours. Firstly the flights were no longer available for booking, but then when I looked at ours the connecting flights had been changed.

We booked through Disney so I called them today, the lady I spoke to was very helpful but also confused as our departure time from Dublin on return is now 4 hours before we actually land!

She spoke to her supervisor who tried to change our flights but couldn't change it on their system and then tried to contact the correct department. The supervisor from Disney is now going to call the correct department tomorrow (it's closed today) and call me back.

I'm so frustrated as we already don't know if we can go because of restrictions but then with this as well it's throwing even more uncertainty on the trip. Hopefully we will be able to change flights to direct or get it sorted some other way.

Sorry for the rant but just feel a bit overwhelmed with all the uncertainty!

Edited at 10:52 AM.
Kawaii is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
hjanea46
slightly serious Dibber

Its crap isn't it.
I've got a reply via twitter eventually-the first one made no sense. So far my outgoing flight is going ahead as scheduled. Back is direct mco to man as we live near Leeds Bradford airport but they already changed that to give us an 8 hour wait in Dublin after our night flight!
I have actually put the deposit down on BA flights from lhr to mco return the same days and a hotel the night before just in case. It was £350 but is refundable in vouchers so I thought it was worth the reassurance for me. Might be worth looking at? Xx

Helen.
hjanea46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

Thanks that's a good idea. I'm tempted to do that but I might wait and see if Disney do call me back, they said within 72 hours. The Disney cast member was horrified that the flight timings had been messed up so badly.

On twitter Aer Lingus had told me the timings had changed but then it seems to depend on who responds when it comes to them.
Kawaii is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
13th Floor
Proud to wear my Ears

Is this only for flights via or direct from Dublin?
2001 -All Stars Music
2009 - Saratoga Springs
13th Floor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

This was flights booked from Birmingham via Dublin to Orlando. I booked through Disney though.
Old 23 May 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Not Florida for us but booked AL from LHR to Washington DC via Dublin in August. Just to add more confusion it's booked with Last Minute.

Our log in on AL site shows our flights, but you can't book any flights over the next few months on our route on their site. Flights direct from Dublin to IAD can be booked.

I spoke to Last Minute a few weeks ago who told me the flight hasn't been cancelled, but I'm not sure I trust that as
I think they're just reading off their screen.

I've sent a contact form to AL asking if the flights are cancelled. Hopefully I'll get a helpful response. Obviously if cancelled then I can look at alternatives with hopefully a full refund from Last Minute.

If not cancelled but doubtful I do have the flex insurance with LM where you can get 90% of value on a voucher.

There are some flights with Icelandair that look good, but don't want to end up in same uncertainty.

This is another confusing dimension to add to the other questions of traffic light colour, yes or no from the USA, younger people being allowed into US without full vaccination and costs of tests.

Old 23 May 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

That's it, if it wasn't for the already uncertain situation I probably wouldn't be as frustrated about it but it's an extra dimension to the will we go or not conundrum! Hope you get sorted.
Old 23 May 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

I'm afraid this wont help at all but my experience with AL is they are fine until something goes a bit wrong then all hell breaks loose. A few years ago we used them and firstly I couldn't check in for some reason, trip to the desk for them to say there was a problem with my ESTA. Quick check on phone and showing them my live status it was suddenly not the problem. There were problems at Dublin as well with a plane damaging a jetway which caused mayhem but no one to be seen on any podium and no announcement that we were delayed until 30mins after takeoff time, it was chaos!

My advice is to check very carefully with anything promised with AL and ensure you are happy as sometimes they just don't make sense! A couple of years ago here a dibber had 30mins to clear immigration in Dublin which surprise surprise didn't happen even though he was told it would be fine!
Old 23 May 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RobandLynsey View Post
I'm afraid this wont help at all but my experience with AL is they are fine until something goes a bit wrong then all hell breaks loose. A few years ago we used them and firstly I couldn't check in for some reason, trip to the desk for them to say there was a problem with my ESTA. Quick check on phone and showing them my live status it was suddenly not the problem. There were problems at Dublin as well with a plane damaging a jetway which caused mayhem but no one to be seen on any podium and no announcement that we were delayed until 30mins after takeoff time, it was chaos!

My advice is to check very carefully with anything promised with AL and ensure you are happy as sometimes they just don't make sense! A couple of years ago here a dibber had 30mins to clear immigration in Dublin which surprise surprise didn't happen even though he was told it would be fine!
We had our Sept flights cancelled last week (not that they bothered to tell us!) and we've since booked with BA for the same dates.

We DID see some flights £200 cheaper direct from Manchester to Orlando with Aer Lingus that we considered, but in the end we are sticking with BA. We trust BA , they've been fabulous.

It was a risk trying a new airline for us.
I would not now trust Aer Lingus if we'd rebooked the Manchester flights I'm afraid. Their lack of communication after the cancellation and boredom on the phone unable to suggest any alternative, and then the bad reports on here since make us think we are right with sticking with BA.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
We had our Sept flights cancelled last week (not that they bothered to tell us!) and we've since booked with BA for the same dates.

We DID see some flights £200 cheaper direct from Manchester to Orlando with Aer Lingus that we considered, but in the end we are sticking with BA. We trust BA , they've been fabulous.

It was a risk trying a new airline for us.
I would not now trust Aer Lingus if we'd rebooked the Manchester flights I'm afraid. Their lack of communication after the cancellation and boredom on the phone unable to suggest any alternative, and then the bad reports on here since make us think we are right with sticking with BA.
Hi

How did you find out your September flights were cancelled?

Was that by you calling them?

Thanks