Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Jun 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

End of term teacher gifts

Just wondering if parents are planning on giving end of term teacher gifts? Our schools finish in 3 weeks and not sure whether to buy dd’s 2 teachers a gift!
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I don’t have children but my sister has 2. My niece is year 6 and nephew is year 3. She’s bought some lovely personalised gifts for their teachers and teaching assistants.

My husband is a secondary school teacher and he doesn’t get gifts, he said it’s more of a primary school thing.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

My sister is a teacher and gets inundated with wine, mugs, flowers and chocolates we buy the teacher £50 Amazon gift card and £25 for the TA’s.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

Make your own for something unique! Less than £10 to make, folded paper, tissue paper, hot glue, a few beads, wire and a vase. My kids teachers loved them and still have them in their class rooms.
Old 5 Jun 21, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Both my sons are still in primary school. We put in £10 each and teachers and TAs get gift cards usually
Lou1982 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

My partner teacher and now principal gets some lovely gifts which are appreciated but the ones that give her most pleasure seem to be the simple hand made cards or gift. 2 yrs ago she got a simple mug from a family that had there last of 5 finish primary. It simply said you survived the xxxxxxx family name. Often laughs at this .
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We never did, the kids just made their own cards and bought a freddo frog to put in there . It meant something to the kids to say thank you themselves

Dd20 now, 6 then... gave one to the lady in the office that told off "that big bully that pulled her hair" once too.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I never received a gift or bonus in 12 years as a soldier (not even in Northern Ireland, other than the occasional house brick!), 22 as a Police Officer (might be seen as an inducement) or 8 as a Hospital Security Officer and therefore until this year have never given one either at end of year, Christmas or any other time. Perhaps I was not very good in my jobs?

This year was an exception as, due to the Covid circumstances, I left a slab of Stella Tortoise for our unheralded dustbin men, who have worked throughout.
I would also have left a present for our Post lady, but she has this annoying habit of not knocking and then putting a non delivery parcel slip through my door whenever said parcel weighs more than a couple of ounces, resulting in my having to attend the sorting office. I suspect that it never leaves her van. She also since Covid, looks like a startled rabbit in a car headlights, whilst standing 4 yards back on the rare occasions when she does knock.

I struggle with the concept of rewarding people for doing their job, possibly because it has never happened to me… A ‘Thankyou’ when appropriate seems more than sufficient.

Edited at 02:19 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Samm
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by di5ney View Post
Just wondering if parents are planning on giving end of term teacher gifts? Our schools finish in 3 weeks and not sure whether to buy dd’s 2 teachers a gift!
We all club together as a class normally £10 each and get vouchers for the teacher and TA’s, I think it’s such a better idea than getting loads of smaller repetitive gifts.
Samm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

DD is a primary teacher & the best gifts are cards the children have made.
I was a nurse & teabags were the best gift.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List