Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jul 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Pension advise

Does anyone have any advise on pensions, I work for the NHS and technically cannot retire for a few more years however I am in the original scheme which would allow me to retire early. Due to all the issues with Covid I am seriously considering applying for my pension early then going back to work less hours.
I do not know where to start and hoping someone on here may have done this and can advise me.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi I also have the 1995 part of my NHS pension preserved due to redundancy. I could potentially take it now but obviously, as you are aware, at a reduced rate. I am thinking of waiting to 60 and then carry on working less hours until I can't any longer or I get my 2015 section paid out at 67 and the state pension if it's still around then..

Hubby is 3 years younger than me but I would love to spend some of the lump sum on a road trip in the USA.

Sorry I can't give advice on taking it as I haven'g yet.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
nhsbsa.nhs.uk/member-hub...e-your-pension

I took early retirement at 55.

Link above might help
Contact Human resources, they'll be able to advise and or the Union
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

my partner is thinking exactly the same. she in the same nhs pension scheme. she wentvon some government website to check her pension and when she could retire. theres some issue with her last 2 jobs as they were/are managerial roles but requiring nurse role experience too at times. when she cam retire is dependant on a box the employer ticked for nurse or manager on some paper work. i dont understand it all.
i dont have this problem as ive never earnt enough to save for pension until the last 5 years or so. so fingers crossed theres still a state pension when i retire.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ask your pensions officer for a pension prediction - mine was very similar to the figures I received. I was asked to give at least 4 months notice, I presume all Trusts are the same? They can do it quicker but prefer that time scale.
There was no problem for me reducing my hours but the policy has now changed at my Trust.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Im 55 and in 95 and 2015 scheme. I might take my 95 one next year. I think there is something going on with 2015 pension as to when you can take it. Our statements are due in august so there may be news on the newer pension then. Good luck with your decision making. X
Old 13 Jul 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin mom
Serious Dibber

I'm 55 and in the process of retiring. 95 scheme for me. Took 4 months to sort. Last clinical working day july 31. Might retire and return two days a week. I know i can only work 16 hours a week for the next month. After that its not very clear.
Old 13 Jul 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I took mine at 58 and then worked 2 days (23 hours) a week until my 62nd birthday when I could take no more. It took around 3 months, your manager has to agree to you going back part time. I'd have got more pension had I waited, but the 3.5 years of having 5 days off a week more than made up for it. I also chose to take a larger lump sum and a smaller pension, but I actually haven't touched the 'lump' yet as DH is still working until the end of this year.

Your first stop should be your HR dept - ours guided me through it, the pensions officer was really helpful.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 09:34 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pumpkin mom View Post
I'm 55 and in the process of retiring. 95 scheme for me. Took 4 months to sort. Last clinical working day july 31. Might retire and return two days a week. I know i can only work 16 hours a week for the next month. After that its not very clear.
Were you not forced into the 2015 scheme? It was only those near 60 who werent forced over in our Trust?
Old 13 Jul 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

I retired last year. Applied in August and payment started in December. Figures will be available on the online portal. I found it a very easy process but even though I’m not the brightest spark I have been able to sort two of my pensions out and DHs who has just retired from Royal Mail.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List