Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Aug 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We’ve been in 6 weeks. Had our offer accepted on our current house 4th March. We then marketed ours and accepted an offer 10th March.
We exchanged/completed same day 21st June.
This was 1 cash buyer, one mortgage (me), divorcee moving into rented.
Really painfully slow, but we got there in the end
Old 7 Aug 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
SLTh
Trying for More Ears

We are. Had an offer accepted on 26th July and accepted an offer on ours the same day. Have done everything asked of us so far but can't find the boiler building regulation certificate anywhere so need to sort that. The people buying ours are in rented and the lady we are buying from is moving in with her partner, so no complex chain.
SLTh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Excited about Disney

I'm selling. Agreed price with buyer early May, just now waiting for any further enquiries to be completed. The buyers have been very slow with paperwork and their solicitors have been very limited in communication with mine. Had to do some kind of indemnity policy for something and hoping that's it. It's been painfully slow and an absolute slog to be honest. I'm looking forward to seeing the back of it all but seeing as nothing has been signed yet I can't even say its all definitely happening. I'm at my wits end with it all.
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
Ours is freehold
Hopefully that will make things lots quicker for you. Unfortunately both our current and our new property are leasehold, it means more enquires and lots of chasing third parties for information.

Our buyers mortgage offer is now about to expire and we're just hoping they'll give her an extension otherwise our chain collapses. August 19th is the deadline, also happens to be the day we go away. Not fun
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Tattybobo
Proud to wear my Ears

We are in the process of selling, we have a cash buyer and are relocating to Scotland so no chain. We accepted the offer in July, our part of the paperwork is completed as far as postage at the moment. Survey to be completed on Tuesday 10th August. We are hoping that we will be moving mid September. Fingers crossed
Tattybobo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caro View Post
We reserved a new build, off plan (although it is built and kitchen installed) at the beginning of July. It is meant to be ready by December, but I noticed yesterday that they are advertising the remaining plots as January...So far everything seems to be going at a snails pace. Finally got draft contracts through yesterday but the mortgage company still hasn't done a valuation so we are still awaiting the mortgage offer. All very stressful.
We bought new builds. They were 2 of the last 6 houses on the development. We reserved the plots in July2018 with a projected completion date of last week in October. The roofs were on and all weather tight, so just internals, garage etc to complete. The date just kept slipping and slipping - December, February and finally end of March. It was very stressful as the delay was impacting on our buyer and their chain. We exchanged contracts in December but no firm completion date. In the end we completed on our sale at the end of February and moved in with my son. I really, really hope I never have to move again

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

We are also moving and relocating to a different area sold our house in a day then took us nearly a month to find one, everything was sold that we rang to view.
All going through now ,hopefully with no hitches but who knows! I've started packing non essentials and having a good chuck out/ charity shop blitz.
Weve moved about 17 times in our 43 year marriage ( due to being in the army) but this is the most stressful one , we have been arguing constantly, I'll be glad when it's over and never moving again
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Do you have a service charge or shared access? They will come up in enquiries. For our nearly new build it was mostly having the right certificates and checking who owned what of part our shared driveway, was quite straightforward thankfully.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
Do you have a service charge or shared access? They will come up in enquiries. For our nearly new build it was mostly having the right certificates and checking who owned what of part our shared driveway, was quite straightforward thankfully.
With ours thankfully no shared access or drive
Service charge for the estate grounds we sent all the info in already
Sent all the guarantees etc in as well as it’s still under warranty

What kind of enquiries do people get
That bits new as we part exchanged last time
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

We had to produce the energy efficiency certificate, new home 10 yr warranty thing & boiler service certificate. We had to purchase a sales pack from the management company we pay a service charge to and have to leave a £200 retainer fee for any outstanding amount when we leave. Apparently we get that back in 12months.
Then there was all the searches, ID, finance proof for mortgage and their own valuation.

I think everything else has been sue to leasehold.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List