Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Sep 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Definitely, but not if you clean yourself. £1000 better off and a clean bin 😉
But seemingly a dirty person (for some reason )
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Soapy water and an old, long handled, soft bristled brush ( the long handled dustpan broke so it got repurposed). Does the job well. Only needs doing in the summer when it is hot, so the bin dries upside down in the sun too.

We don't bag general rubbish as all food waste goes in the food waste bin, and the point of a wheely bin is to save on all that single use plastic ... essentially a big bucket...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

When I moved into this house I watched in amazement as this van arrived, a man pulled my recycling bin to the back of the van and started to clean it with an attached pressure washer. I was in a dressing gown so didn't go out. 2 weeks later he arrived and did the same thing. I wouldn't have minded but our of my 3 bin the recycling one is the cleanest as everything needs washing before you put it in. Think previous owners must have had a contract with the company.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Roses
VIP Dibber

Good old Jeys fluid & an old floor mop, no bin diving for me, when washing the car. (you just have to make sure the power washer doesn't splash back as it hits the bottom Find some in household over fill black bags and we end up with bin juice. clean out after bin collection once a fortnight.
Roses is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Genuine question .
What makes people’s bins so dirty then need cleaning every time ?
Surely all the cardboard and bottles etc are clean ?
The general waste , do people not just put that in the bag that you keep in your kitchen bin and then throw that in your wheelie bin ?
The garden waste one is the only one I could possibly see getting a bit dirty if stuff sticks to the side if it gets wet ?
A garden bin

…..Grass cuttings

…..No collection due to covid

…..Summer Heat and humidity

…..in a month you have a diarrhoea soup the smell of which would instantly stop the spread of Covid

…..then I do the shake and vac and put the freshness back together with the obligatory dance

Disney332
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
This persuaded me!
wheeliebincleaningservice.co...ots-come-from/
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
This persuaded me!
wheeliebincleaningservice.co...ots-come-from/
Gross 🤢 🤮
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Genuine question .
What makes people’s bins so dirty then need cleaning every time ?
Surely all the cardboard and bottles etc are clean ?
The general waste , do people not just put that in the bag that you keep in your kitchen bin and then throw that in your wheelie bin ?
The garden waste one is the only one I could possibly see getting a bit dirty if stuff sticks to the side if it gets wet ?
With us, it’s mainly our cat waste. So when we clean up after our cat, we bag his waste in a dog poo bag and put into the black bin, but sometimes the bag can split and we won’t know, which means we end up with maggots.

We also have an issue of people putting dog poo (in a dog poo bag) in our bins as wel because they are stored out the back, again, if it splits then we end up with maggots.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Our wheelie cleaning man jacked it in and is now driving a lorry so I’m back to cleaning it myself. A thankless and disgusting task.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List