Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Oct 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scouser View Post
To be honest i thought it was shocking, come on disney you can do better than that, I give it 6 months.
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
They showed this at the event tonight and I was a bit underwhelmed. I did like Rivers of Light but kites ? I don’t know. I’ll reserve judgment.
Originally Posted by popsiwinkle View Post
I loved Rivers Of Light and was gutted they closed it. This looks really underwhelming if I'm being polite! I also agree that Fantasmic isn't all that, there are dozens of us, dozens!
This is why I wondered if I missed something. I was genuinely shocked at how poor it was. Even RoL which wasn’t generally popular looked like some effort had been put in. And actually I think they missed a trick with RoL because the concept was a good idea.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi all just had a look at the kite show it looks as it amid at young children not adults for what it is it ok for a while I do not think Disney will have as a permanent show just my option.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

it was ok, but then poor king louie kite just ended up in the water and i was like is that the end?
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I’ve just watched the vlog by Super Enthused and I didn’t realise it was a daytime show that’s repeated throughout the day. That makes it a bit less rubbish. It’s not selling itself as a night time spectacular!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

It just seems very half assed for a Disney spectacle

Being able to see the kites before they come out and the ones not even used in that show plus the unceremonious dumping at the end just feels very un-Disney to me.

Then again I’ve seen pictures of construction at Disneyland on show, they usually hide any imperfections best they can
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

I just read a review which suggested the kite show is more of a low key attraction and is great for little ones? So, I guess it isn't supposed to compete with an evening display.

I'm all for Disney remembering people, of all ages, who don't necessarily want RotR. Maybe, it's corny, but Walt did like corny. It doesn't seem to reflect the concept art, when comparing stills, but, of course, I haven't seen it in person.

I wish they'd bring back the Jammin' Jungle Parade.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside

Edited at 09:30 AM.
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’ve just watched the vlog by Super Enthused and I didn’t realise it was a daytime show that’s repeated throughout the day. That makes it a bit less rubbish. It’s not selling itself as a night time spectacular!
Exactly this. DD and I saw it yesterday. It is not meant to be anything like Fantsamic. It is a small show that you can turn up for 10 minutes before it starts. We found it a bit short but enjoyable. My daughter appreciated the fact that she didn't need to go to the one show a week with Sign Language interpreters like all the other shows. She said it was "very deaf friendly".
Old 10 Oct 21, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Turns out there is a reason it felt very short. DD has found out there was a second Lion King part that didn't happen for some technical reason.
Old 10 Oct 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Turns out there is a reason it felt very short. DD has found out there was a second Lion King part that didn't happen for some technical reason.
I thought the shows alternated through the day? So you'd get Jungle Book or Lion King, not both. That's certainly been the case in every vlogger's review of it.

Either way, kite probably stuck in a tree again.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I thought the shows alternated through the day? So you'd get Jungle Book or Lion King, not both. That's certainly been the case in every vlogger's review of it.

Either way, kite probably stuck in a tree again.
That was my understanding of it too.

Trip Report Index