Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Oct 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
And Jaws and Kong! 😃 😂
Yes! Kongfrontation, wasn’t it?
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I think they should completely redo ET - keep it as ET bile ride but make it a much better version, incorporating things we know from the film rather than all the aliens nobody knows.
Oh I hope they never touch it!
I’ll be so sad!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyA06
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I'm sure I remember seeing something that suggested they can't get rid of ET due to deals with Universal and Speilberg.
AndyA06 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
if owt else shuts . not much will be left open this coming year !
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

The more I read about Universal, the more pleased I am that I got my Annual Pass refunded. When I bought the AP in June 2020 Universal sounded great. Now, not so good. The refund will go towards next year's Disney trip 😀
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Glad that next Easter, our 7 nights Orlando will be D.C. Ultimates only… and maybe a Volcano Bay single day. We are becoming as ‘Universalled out’ as we are already ‘Disneyed out’.

Losing Jaws was the big disaster for me. What a ride! I remember seeing it on Blue Peter as a child, marvelling at it, but thinking I would never, ever get to see it as my parents could never afford foreign Holidays in the 1960s and 1970s. First two vacations involving Universal (2009 and 10), it was down for maintenance. It was only on the third that I finally got that ride!.. Repeatedly. It was wonderful.

Edited at 09:30 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

gutted about the mummy! it was my fave ride
Old 8 Oct 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I think they should completely redo ET - keep it as ET bike ride but make it a much better version, incorporating things we know from the film rather than all the aliens nobody knows.
I wouldn't object to that at all - last time I was out there in 2015 I came off the ride thinking how good it would be if it had been built recently with (at the time) 25 years of technological advancements in hand - although I wouldn't want them to go to a screen based attraction - I think with technology like the robot arms used in forbidden journey put to good use they could do something amazing - however if I were a theme park exec spending that sort of money it would go on a newer franchise than ET - so I'm quite happy to keep what we've got!
Old 8 Oct 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

[QUOTE=merkat;15166179]gutted about the mummy! it was my fave ride[/QUOTE

Me too! My favourite ride in Orlando probably in terms of giggling and screaming with the family. We should be going August but I don’t hold out much hope of it being open 😞
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 04:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We are still flip flopping as to whether to do Universal or WDW when we go in January. Not bothered about Shrek it was a “never again” thing for us but hugely disappointed about the Mummy which was a favourite. Looks like it will close the day we are due to arrive in January. Everest shuts two days before just we get there, it evens up one point in our Universal \ WDW dilemma I suppose.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List