Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Oct 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Sorry to read this.
I was diagnosed with Bowel cancer in feb 2019, and had surgery (a right hemicholectomy) In March 2019.

My bowel was ‘stiff’ and they couldn’t complete the colonoscopy. I had a ct colonography and that showed the tumour. I also had a thoracic ct to check lungs/breasts.

Im more than happy to chat with you or your husband. If I can be of ANY help, just drop me a message.

(I didn’t end up with a stoma, the surgeon got good margins and they took 37 lymph nodes and all were negative. I’m currently in remission and feel really quite well)

Sally x x
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Sending you lots of love
Stay strong & positive
💕💕💕xxx
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Jo View Post
My DH has suffered for years for problems with his bowel, the NHS tried 2 colonoscopies but could not get past a certain section and diagnosed him with IBS.

It got a lot worse around 4 months ago and he decided to go private for the tests (luckily I have a private health insurance policy with work), he had a colonoscopy - but again they couldn't get past a certain point, so they did a CT Colonoscopy. We went for the results yesterday (got a message at 7.30pm Tuesdays that they needed to see him face to face Thursday at 8.45am and to bring someone along if he wanted to).

The CT scan showed a large mass that they believe is cancer in his bowel. We are both so shocked, he is 42. His liver, pancreas and kidney's all look normal. He has another CT scan on Thursday of his chest to check that nothing has spread and then next week another colonoscopy where they are going to sedate him more, or even put him under general anesthetic to be able to get all the way round with the camera to look at the mass properly.

If it is confirmed then they plan to remove part of his bowel and either re-attach it or he will have a stoma for a while before a reversal can be done.

Is there anyone that has sadly had Bowel cancer, or know someone who has it that could maybe give me an idea of what could be involved, what as a wife I can do to help and the healing time frame please?
I am so sorry, you both must be incredibly worried. I don’t have any experience or advice but I wanted to send my love x x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Sending hugs and positive vibes. Stay strong.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you so much for all the hugs and support. A huge thank you to those who have shared your own experiences and I’m sending back positive thoughts to you all.

It was hoped the colonoscopy would be Tuesday or Wednesday but as we haven’t heard by now I think it will be Wednesday at the earliest due to the foods and clear out you need beforehand.

I was really angry yesterday, just the waiting and the why him thoughts. More positive today and we have come out and my DH and DD are doing some climbing at an indoor climbing centre while I sit and watch. It is a “normal” day.

Hope you’re all enjoy your Sunday x
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Could not read and run. This is the worst time.. just after you've been diagnosed and before treatment etc.

Experience of cancer and chemo but not bowel.

McMillan site have a brilliant forum with people who are actually going through the same or have been through. Try not to Dr Google.

Happy to answer any other questions in relation to chemo treatment etc if that happens
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

So very sorry to read this , love and positive thoughts to you all x
Old 15 Oct 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

DH had the CT Scan on his chest with contrast yesterday, they said they will ensure that his consultant has the results on Saturday.

Another colonoscopy is scheduled for tomorrow, the hospital called yesterday to see if we had any questions which was lovely. As this is his 3rd one we didn't have any with regards to the procedure but we did ask about results. She said that I will be called in when DH has come round more from the sedation and has had something to eat. They will be able to tell us what they find on the day although biopsies will be taken to confirm it. I do feel sick thinking about it, DH has had some wobbles but plan to be his strength especially over the next few days.

I think it is my ADR day today, I am going to book some just in case we get there, but my heart isn't into it at the moment as I am sure I will be cancelling them again.

Sending positive thoughts to everyone that needs it today.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Jo View Post
DH had the CT Scan on his chest with contrast yesterday, they said they will ensure that his consultant has the results on Saturday.

Another colonoscopy is scheduled for tomorrow, the hospital called yesterday to see if we had any questions which was lovely. As this is his 3rd one we didn't have any with regards to the procedure but we did ask about results. She said that I will be called in when DH has come round more from the sedation and has had something to eat. They will be able to tell us what they find on the day although biopsies will be taken to confirm it. I do feel sick thinking about it, DH has had some wobbles but plan to be his strength especially over the next few days.

I think it is my ADR day today, I am going to book some just in case we get there, but my heart isn't into it at the moment as I am sure I will be cancelling them again.

Sending positive thoughts to everyone that needs it today.
And all the positive thoughts in the world to you too!
Remember we are like tea bags, we have no idea how strong we are until we get into hot water. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Thanks for the update.
We are all cheering you on from the sidelines.
Lots of love x x x
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List