Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Oct 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
This was discussed on another thread and some of us did use FP to ride something more than once. Maybe not in every park or every time but we did do it.
My daughter has used FP to ride Tower of Terror five times a day on multiple trips. It worked best with paper fast pass to be fair but she’s done three times in a day with FPP (well six actually as she used mine as well but technically that was cheating).
Old 15 Oct 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
I expect to have 2 rides done before off site guests come in, including 1 headliner, with my next top ride booked from 0900. Once scanned in that then onto the next one.

Simples…
I hope this is the way it works out, but with only 30 minutes of early touring time plus an extra eight or nine resorts now eligible for early entry on top of Disney’s more than 25, there’s a possibility that trying to get two rides done in that 30 minutes might not happen, especially at the parks with fewer rides to spread people out. The benefit I guess being that those guests have four parks to spread out over although I’m sure some are more popular than others.

Then of course there’s the possibility that you won’t be able to get a 9 am slot as with all onsite guests booking from 7am, they could all be taken. That may or may not be unlikely as none of know how this is all going to shake out in reality. Could it happen at parks with fewer attractions offering Genie+ or would Disney then expand capacity and therefore standby guests would be the ones paying the price in terms of longer waits? The likelihood of being able to book Genie+ attractions back to back with no gaps as soon as you check in seems small to me with so many people potentially competing for slots but who knows.

I’m also interested to know what the chances are that you may not be able to get a Genie+ booking for a particular attraction on any given day. Say you bought the Genie+ primarily for Test Track because it’s your family’s favourite ride and as you moved through your bookings it never showed up as available. Especially with an attraction like TT which has a lot of downtime due to weather, you could finish up the day feeling really disappointed if you’ve paid $60 as a family for Genie+ and your only option for your favourite ride was standby.

I have so many questions about the whole system and whether it will be ‘worth it’, can’t wait to see what happens when the vloggers and bloggers start using it so we can see how it will actually play out.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Exception of very busy times of course, theme park availability seems to be good for all parks the night before and even day of.

So no need to specifically book the theme park days so far in advance.

So yes, spontaneity is there!
Unless you have ADRs in a specific park that were potentially difficult to get hold of and the restaurant is a ‘must do’ for your family.

One thing I didn’t like about the old FP+ system was trying to schedule three FP+s with restaurant bookings and then having to do the same with fourth, fifth FP+s etc and then trying to squeeze in shows in between in some of the parks. This potentially could be better because there does seem to be a bit more flexibility only having to think one reservation at a time. That’s probably the most positive thing I can think to say about it at the moment but we’ll have to see how happy with it we are when it comes to actually using it. Although if I buy ILL passes too, is there a chance those could clash with your Genie+ reservation? Or if it’s linked, will you then see less Genie+ availability so they don’t clash even though you’ve paid more money than someone only paying for one or the other?

This is starting to make my head hurt 😂. Maybe I should go and watch the All Ears vídeo.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List