Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Oct 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JP81 View Post
But 3x the price to get over the door.
How so?

The U.K 2 week Universal tickets are roughly 2/3rd the cost of Disney’s, for half the amount of parks. So more expensive.

Also, I believe the 1 day park hoppers are pretty much the same price?
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

To be honest, I don't really mind - however there seems no point staying on site anymore. Even if Walt originally planned the parks like this, at that time they did not make millions on the hotel front.
If hotel visitors drop significantly, I'm sure they will then package up Genie+ with them.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
No.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
How so?

The U.K 2 week Universal tickets are roughly 2/3rd the cost of Disney’s, for half the amount of parks. So more expensive.

Also, I believe the 1 day park hoppers are pretty much the same price?
It’s not about the number of parks, but about the contents. .. and I believe that the Universal parks are rammed with contents. There are many, many things in Disney that I have less than no interest in at all.

Where we probably differ is that if I was to visit Orlando and have just 2 park days (other than D.C.), it would be Islands and Universal..Then Seaworld.

If a universal 14 costs £275… then I would personally value a Disney 14 day at around the same price. Then I would understand and accept Genie plus.

Edited at 08:49 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
It’s not about the number of parks, but about the contents. .. and I believe that the Universal parks are rammed with contents. There are many, many things in Disney that I have less than no interest in at all.

Where we probably differ is that if I was to visit Orlando and have just 2 park days (other than D.C.), it would be Islands and Universal..Then Seaworld.
Good job that everyone is different!
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

These are all, allegedly, Walt's words: -

(Disclaimer: Perspectives and, therefore, interpretations will vary; so make of them what you will.)

Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children’s approach to life. They’re people who don’t give a hang what the Jones’ do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought – sometimes it isn’t much, either.

Disneyland is a work of love. We didn’t go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.

You reach a point where you don’t work for money.

I don’t make pictures just to make money. I make money to make more pictures.

Do a good job. You don’t have to worry about the money; it will take care of itself. Just do your best work — then try to trump it.

I have never been interested in personal gain or profit. This business and this studio have been my entire life.

Courage is the main quality of leadership, in my opinion, no matter where it is exercised. Usually it implies some risk — especially in new undertakings. Courage to initiate something and to keep it going, pioneering and adventurous spirit to blaze new ways, often, in our land of opportunity.

Adding these two, just because.

Childishness? I think it’s the equivalent of never losing your sense of humor. I mean, there’s a certain something that you retain. It’s the equivalent of not getting so stuffy that you can’t laugh at others.

I am corny, you know? But I think there are just about 140 million people in this country who are just as corny as I am.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Good job that everyone is different!
Yes, but I do as I say. I suspect that many of the objectors on this forum will simply suck it up and pay.

As I said, I quit on Disney , 5 Orlando’s ago.

We go for rides and not theming. I never even watched the float processions etc, regarding them merely as a hindrance, nor the shows..

We are more into 6 flags etc. This coming Easter, our 7 nights (in the Orlando area will be Discovery Cove ultimates.. and possibly a day in Volcano Bay.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:59 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Yes, but I do as I say. I suspect that many of the objectors on this forum will simply suck it up and pay.

As I said, I quit on Disney , 5 Orlando’s ago.

We go for rides and not theming. I never even watched the float processions etc, regarding them merely as a hindrance, nor the shows..

We are more into 6 flags etc.
I didn’t realise you don’t like / do Disney! You have never said

Disney is a massive part of our holiday and the reason we go to Florida. We split stay and will optimise both at Disney and Universal… so Genie+ and FOLP here we come! Oh and the express pass at SW too
Old 10 Oct 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
These are all, allegedly, Walt's words: -

(Disclaimer: Perspectives and, therefore, interpretations will vary; so make of them what you will.)
These are also Walt's words...

"You have to appeal to adults, because they're the ones with the money."

He may have wanted money for different reasons than personal gain. But he definitely wanted the money.

He was also a very charming man who was VERY good at spin. Which is why everyone thinks he'll be horrified, where I think he'd be absolutely delighted to see how large his little company has become.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
I didn’t realise you don’t like / do Disney! You have never said

Disney is a massive part of our holiday and the reason we go to Florida. We split stay and will optimise both at Disney and Universal… so Genie+ and FOLP here we come! Oh and the express pass at SW too
We loved it on our early ones as the kids were growing up and have some fabulous memories This kind of ended as they ascended to 54 inches and became thrill seekers. Once Kraken, Sheikra and co were tried, then their interest in Disney vanished. Only the older one related to any characters.. and that was a love of Tigger!

In some ways theme parks have ended also for us and Easter is our last Orlando hurrah and probably goodbye as the boys are now 19/15. It is then unlikely that we will ever enter one again.

Next Oct it will be just the wife and I and we will be doing Nevada, Arizona … and California- SFO, Monterey, PCH and San Diego, but no LA or theme parks at all. I thank Disney for getting me to the USA… and introducing us to a million other great things.

October 2022, we are really excited about!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:12 PM.