Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Oct 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
SIXT what's the catch?

Hi folks, I'm looking at a 10 day hire with SIXT at £478 which is is a lot less than Avis & Budget are charging for a week! Am I missing something? anyone used them ?
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

No catch. The deals have been popping up randomly for Avis/budget/sixt/hertz. If it’s free cancellation don’t dally, book it before it goes.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

They take a hold of at least £1500 on your CC, which is returned when you return the car (I looked into it)
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Hi
Check the insurance, when I checked Holiday Autos it came up with Sixt but didn’t include CDW and SLI.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

Yes - I saw this through Andy - DFCH. Has anyone any first hand experience of Sixt?
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

We have used Sixt a few times , but we get insurance etc covered with our credit cards. They didn’t place that big of a hold on our card.
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

I emailed Sixt asking their policy on a hold. Was told $200 providing I had a return flight booked.
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

Wording below...this implied using a UK debit card/ credit card

In general, an authorization of a minimum of $200 plus the amount due for the rental will be taken as an authorization against the Credit Card for security purposes.The authorization will be higher for specialty vehicles.

Once the vehicle is returned and the invoice is submitted, the security deposit will be released.

Debit cards are only accepted if the renter provides a return or round-trip
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Alibayparc View Post
Hi
Check the insurance, when I checked Holiday Autos it came up with Sixt but didn’t include CDW and SLI.
Alex
As you say Alex any lack of CDW would be covered by putting a hold on your CC until the car is returned undamaged. If you sustain any damage I guess that's where the fun starts. Over the years Dibbers have said that without taking CDW (with no excess) have had the hold stay on their CC until blame is resolved.

As I've said a number of times over the years though $1m SLI is far more important.

Mick

PS If you rent through Andy the car will have CDW with no excess and $1m SLI

Edited at 07:45 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Just be aware that if the rental is 28 days or longer, theres a mileage limit of 71 miles per day. For rentals of less than 28 days, its unlimited mileage still.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List