Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 13 Oct 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Hide threads / forums

Hi,

Is it possible to hide threads? I know you can subscribe to them, so surely the option to hide aswell?

Also is this possible at Forum level ie General Chat?

Not interested in seeing the same negative posts / people!

Or can this only be done at a user level?

thanks for any advice.

Edited at 08:01 AM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

No answer, but my strategy is to read and try to analyse why some regular posters choose to throw petrol on the fire.

My conclusion initially in the thread is certainly click bait often with the OP and latterly, just nasty.

Increasingly I do not post or like, but I find these threads fascinating and entertaining in a macabre type of way.

Disney332
Old 13 Oct 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
No answer, but my strategy is to read and try to analyse why some regular posters choose to throw petrol on the fire.

My conclusion initially in the thread is certainly click bait often with the OP and latterly, just nasty.

Increasingly I do not post or like, but I find these threads fascinating and entertaining in a macabre type of way.

Disney332
Who said that?
I am fascinated too, and as I have previously said I find you quite a conundrum.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Thank you...

To be honest, I would rather not read in the first place.
Old 13 Oct 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mike

You can easily block individual posters by using the ignore function on their profile. Exclamation mark in an orange circle. Very useful these last 18 months for blocking the keyboard warriors who tell me how I should live my life.

In "Forum Spy" you can also choose not to see updates on any sub-forums - but that's more of an interest choice than offensive themes.

Don't know how to block individual threads though.

Mick
Old 13 Oct 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Hi,

Is it possible to hide threads? I know you can subscribe to them, so surely the option to hide aswell?

Also is this possible at Forum level ie General Chat?

Not interested in seeing the same negative posts / people!

Or can this only be done at a user level?

thanks for any advice.
Is the title not a clue? Or do you find you get sucked in and wish you hadn't? I know I'm nosy but I'm waiting for the builder to arrive and killing time.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Is the title not a clue? Or do you find you get sucked in and wish you hadn't? I know I'm nosy but I'm waiting for the builder to arrive and killing time.
Hope the building goes well.

Disney332
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Bit of both...

However, in the Theme Park Planning section... threads full of negative posts. Appreciate this is a forum to discuss all sides, but the same posters who are negative constantly...

Then there are the threads which you are intrigued about and get sucked in.

Rather not see them in the first place.
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

If you click on the menu button, then Dibb Forums, within the drop down menu there is then a 'hide forums sub menu' and you can select the ones you want to hide there. Individual users is as Mick says above. I've not seen any option for blocking a specific thread though. '(I'm on my phone, so doing the steps from there, but sure the desktop version will be similar). I blocked the covid forum last year after losing my dad to it as I couldn't cope with all the covid talk, but then took a complete break for nearly a year as it really dominated (undetstandably) and the Dibb was my happy place for planning. It's nice to be back and I don't block any forums now, but I do avoid the covid and political ones, and I've never really been one for chat.

Edit: just to add that even if you block specific members, I believe you'll still see their posts if someone quotes them.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 09:14 AM.
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Mike

You can easily block individual posters by using the ignore function on their profile. Exclamation mark in an orange circle. Very useful these last 18 months for blocking the keyboard warriors who tell me how I should live my life.

In "Forum Spy" you can also choose not to see updates on any sub-forums - but that's more of an interest choice than offensive themes.

Don't know how to block individual threads though.

Mick
Thank you Mick.

I think individual poster level will have to be done. I only have 1 person on the blocked list so far...

Not ued the forum Spy and only go through 'New Posts'.

Would like to at least be able to block the General Chat Forum as certainly has no interest for me. Want to use theDIBB as more of a positive planning forum.

Seems we get to Oct/Nov ever year and have the same / similar flare ups.

Thank you again for your advice... as always!