Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 21, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kat314
Proud to wear my Ears

Dec 2021 am I mad?!

Hi all have seen some good deals for a family with 2 teens to go around 26th dec for 10 days, is it a good idea this late in the day?! Would I even be able to reserve park days? I so want to take them before we can’t as will be sons last time before going in the big world!

Also if so, we obv wouldn’t need the 14 day. Tickets, would be a couple of days disney and then the rest universal, so not sure what tickets would be best?
kat314 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by kat314 View Post
Hi all have seen some good deals for a family with 2 teens to go around 26th dec for 10 days, is it a good idea this late in the day?! Would I even be able to reserve park days? I so want to take them before we can’t as will be sons last time before going in the big world!

Also if so, we obv wouldn’t need the 14 day. Tickets, would be a couple of days disney and then the rest universal, so not sure what tickets would be best?
You can buy the American Magic your way tickets . I’ve always got mine from Walmart, but as you need to book your ticket days you’d be better off buying in advance from somewhere like Undercovertourist .

UK Universal Tickets are usually far better value than buying when there
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We booked Xmas a couple of weeks ago. We haven’t bought our Disney passes yet (planned to do it this weekend), so haven’t booked the park days. Every park is available for our whole trip except HS on 3rd and 4th January.

If only doing a couple of days at Disney you can buy the US day passes.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 05:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

We've booked for Christmas . Took some time to decide if it was worthwhile.

It's a non Disney Trip for use though .

Waiting on SeaWorld potential Black Friday sale now
Ball81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

We are 22nd - 29th December and I bought our park tickets (7 day Ultimates, cheaper than a five day ticket) from Attraction Tickets (old ATD) a couple of weeks ago.

I was holding off buying tickets for as long as possible because we don’t know the situation with teens. My hand was forced when Magic Kingdom sold out of park passes on Christmas Day.

I had been checking availability frequently but MK sold out for 25th just after the 50th weekend. Someone mentioned above that all parks are available over Christmas now so maybe further passes have been released.

Other than that all parks were available on all days of our trip two weeks ago so I don’t think it’s too late to reserve Disney parks for Christmas at this point, although I haven’t checked availability since I made our reservations.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
squish
Excited about Disney

To answer your question, yes it is a good idea! 😆😆 We go on the 29th Dec and also likely to do mostly Universal but hoping to do a disney day too.
Flying out boxing day will be amazing!
squish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

At the moment, the only day for your dates that is booked out is NYE at MK. Although I've seen availability dip in and out for the entire week, so it could start filling up as people confirm their trips in the next few weeks.

Because of seasonal pricing on the US tickets and the week after Christmas being peak season, a UK 7 day ticket is probably your best option for Disney unless you really only want a day or two. Once you get to 3-4 days, you start breaking even on the UK ticket. Especially factoring in the fact we get park hopping and Memory Maker included.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Chris7cc
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We have done it 22nd -7th Jan. I think you just have to accept that it is going to be busy you are going to have to wait for rides and remember that it is the experience of Disney at Christmas (at least that is what I am telling my self)

Personally I am hoping that the week of the 2nd Jan will be quite enough to allow us to do anything we have missed.

With regards to booking spaces in the park as said above other than NYE all the parks are available for your stay other than MK although when I did mine last week HS was showing as not available from the 2nd - 7th Jan but is now available again lol
Chris7cc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

just looked and MK is sold out 25th and 31st.
We have booked for 25th at MK and HS for 31st. Wondering what people do on 31st?
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chris7cc View Post
We have done it 22nd -7th Jan. I think you just have to accept that it is going to be busy you are going to have to wait for rides and remember that it is the experience of Disney at Christmas (at least that is what I am telling my self)

Personally I am hoping that the week of the 2nd Jan will be quite enough to allow us to do anything we have missed.

With regards to booking spaces in the park as said above other than NYE all the parks are available for your stay other than MK although when I did mine last week HS was showing as not available from the 2nd - 7th Jan but is now available again lol
Second week might be slightly quieter, but marathon weekend keeps the crowds sticking around so it's still plenty busy.

I think HS was booked out by the marathon crowd aiming to get RotR boarding groups. Now that it's gone regular standby and queues are typically quietest in the evenings, people don't feel they HAVE to have multiple reservations there and can hop over instead. So it's a much easier reservation now.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List