Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Oct 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Thanksgiving Plans?

So we're lucky enough to be able to head to Orlando in November! It means we will be there over Thanksgiving for the first time ever and I'm at a loss as to how to spend our day.

Will the parks be unbearably busy or really quiet?
Is it worth trying to go to the mall or outlets on black friday?
Is there anywhere we can go for a good Thanksgiving meal as a tourist or is it best to stay away to stop the demand and allow the staff to have the evening off?

Any tips or recommendations appreciated!
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rose89 View Post
So we're lucky enough to be able to head to Orlando in November! It means we will be there over Thanksgiving for the first time ever and I'm at a loss as to how to spend our day.

Will the parks be unbearably busy or really quiet?
Is it worth trying to go to the mall or outlets on black friday?
Is there anywhere we can go for a good Thanksgiving meal as a tourist or is it best to stay away to stop the demand and allow the staff to have the evening off?

Any tips or recommendations appreciated!
I plan on avoiding all of the parks from the Tuesday to Saturday. Sunday I think is when it gets quiet (hopefully extra quiet!).

I’ve been trying to find out info for thanksgiving day for restaurants/shops. This site has been quite useful for store closures.

blackfriday/news/stores-closed-thanksgiving

The Simon group just announced their malls/outlets will be closed Thanksgiving Day. I plan on doing some Black Friday shopping down in Sawgrass Mills, so we’re driving down to Miami for thanksgiving night and staying next to the mall. From what I’ve read, early morning should be ok but by 10/11am it can get crazy. We plan on heading in when the baby wakes up at 4/5am and leave when it gets too busy. Just waiting on the stores opening hours to be confirmed.

Edited at 04:07 PM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Everywhere not just parks will be horribly busy as schools are out all week
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

I'm sure whatever we do we'll all have a FABulous time whatever we get up to on Thanksgiving as we are so glad to be BACK

Not long now everyone
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our plans for Thanksgiving Day 2021.

Breakfast at either IHOP at Berry Town Center or Cracker Barrel on Dunson Road off the 27.

Dinner at Bob Evans on 27 at Posner.

In between sitting on the pool deck at Highgate Park with an occasional dip.

OP Can't really help on the rest of your questions as we won't be within 15 miles of Disney and nowhere near a shopping mall.

However we have had Thanksgiving dinner at BE in 2017, 2018 and 2019 - what happened in 2020 Turkey and all the trimmings and pie with sodas was $40 for two in 2019.

Mick
Old 16 Oct 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

We are hoping to arrive on thanksgiving, done this a few years back and booked into florida mall hotel , checked in wash and changed and straight out the door into the mall 😂 as a self confessed shopaholic I loved it but after reading on another thread last week about the amount of shops and malls not opening on thanksgiving this year we now plan to stay in margaritaville for the first two days and chill out that’s if I manage to get British airways to take my booking ! Black Friday was incredibly busy especially at the outlets but we found it quite easy to get into restaurants, have a blast everyone 💗 feels so good to know it’s all systems go for some of us and really hoping that everyone with kids/teenagers get some clarification soon xxx

Edited at 06:38 PM.
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I’ll still be in Florida but DH will have gone home
So a quiet lazy day by the pool I might buy a turkey fillet and do it with the trimmings
And a mini pumpkins pie for desert
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Our plans for Thanksgiving Day 2021.

Breakfast at either IHOP at Berry Town Center or Cracker Barrel on Dunson Road off the 27.

Dinner at Bob Evans on 27 at Posner.

In between sitting on the pool deck at Highgate Park with an occasional dip.

OP Can't really help on the rest of your questions as we won't be within 15 miles of Disney and nowhere near a shopping mall.

However we have had Thanksgiving dinner at BE in 2017, 2018 and 2019 - what happened in 2020 Turkey and all the trimmings and pie with sodas was $40 for two in 2019.

Mick
Thats a really good deal Mick. Do you have to book that?
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Wetpanda
Helping Donald

I was just going to be lazy and spend the day in the hotel and eat there, but after just checking the menu, I may be off to Sonic 😂
Wetpanda is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
Thats a really good deal Mick. Do you have to book that?
Never need to book any of our regular restaurants of which 99.9999% are off site.

We visit Bobs regularly for breakfast and two or three times for dinner every visit. Most of the time it's a walk up but maybe a 20 minute wait for TD dinner.

It's good unpretentious family cooking

Mick