Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Oct 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
RichyC
Having Dinner with Goofy

Snip from the reuters article by David Shepardson.

The White House, which held a meeting late Thursday to finalize the Nov. 8 date, faces some remaining questions, including how and what exemptions the Biden administration will grant to the vaccine requirements. Children under 18, for example, are largely expected to be exempt from the requirements, an official said.

Let's hope & pray this is the case.

Edited at 06:04 PM.
RichyC is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

53 days til we fly, 3 teens, 3 different schools and none of them able to provide any details on when they will be offering the vaccines, its our 5th attempt for this holiday and I'm past myself...hoping for a miracle😔
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
How are you feeling about your 3 year old wearing a mask on the flight? I am very nervous about our 2 year old.
I am nervous to be honest. Ive talked to her and tried to explain that if she wants to see minnie mouse and the princesses she has to wear one or we won't be allowed to go so she's said she will but who knows what will happen on the day! I got her mickey mouse face masks and snow white ones etc which she likes and keep on saying how boring my mask is and that I want to wear hers and she says no im wearing it its mine lol I try and practise wearing it with her too but the longest she's managed is 15 mins and then complains its annoying! Really hoping they will be a bit lenient but I dont know! Just wish we could go back to the days of planning and going on holiday without all this worry!
Old 16 Oct 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy123
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Latics View Post
On another thread Reuters reported that this information should be announced on the 25th, not too long to wait now. At least by then I’ll know. We’re all in different situations, ours being a 12 year old who doesn’t want the vaccine.
That’s 4 days after my balance is due. So difficult to know what to do!
Fairy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by RichyC View Post
Snip from the reuters article by David Shepardson.

The White House, which held a meeting late Thursday to finalize the Nov. 8 date, faces some remaining questions, including how and what exemptions the Biden administration will grant to the vaccine requirements. Children under 18, for example, are largely expected to be exempt from the requirements, an official said.

Let's hope & pray this is the case.
I shared this info on a previous thread , it gave me hope as my 12 year old is adamant she’s not being vaccinated
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
RichyC
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Latics View Post
I shared this info on a previous thread , it gave me hope as my 12 year old is adamant she’s not being vaccinated
Our 13 year old was vaccinated 2 weeks ago & now has covid.

To be fair it looks like for children in the UK having a single dose won't make a difference in terms of entry requirements anyway. In the eyes of the world they are still classed as unvaccinated due to us only allowing 1 jab for them.
RichyC is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
My concern is proving the kids have had the vaccine, dd 14 will be double jabbed 18 days before we fly but at present under 16’s are unable to have a vaccine passport.
I’m hoping to open a linked profile on nhs app for Dd15. She should be having her 1st vaccine on Monday and 2nd around 8 weeks later. The problem is you need to speak to the Gp surgery to register and its a full time job getting through!
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RichyC View Post
Our 13 year old was vaccinated 2 weeks ago & now has covid.

To be fair it looks like for children in the UK having a single dose won't make a difference in terms of entry requirements anyway. In the eyes of the world they are still classed as unvaccinated due to us only allowing 1 jab for them.
Sorry to hear your Dc has covid despite the 1 dose. Hope theyre not unwell
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Beebops
Being a bit Goofy

We're eagerly waiting for any updates on childrens travel too. Daughter is 16 and had her vaccine last week, she is only allowed the 1 vaccine.
I have applied online to have a paper copy of her vaccination as proof (i will receive a letter in the post too IF they cant find her on the system), my husband and i have our paper copies of our vaccinations just in case its ever needed... Hate the waiting game tbh...
Beebops is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Following
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List