Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Oct 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Drino
Excited about Disney

We flew into san francisco 2 years ago with car hire 2 weeks...£1150 all in just had quote for £2003...compact 2 dr
Prices need to come down...i aint paying £800 more...
Drino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Drino View Post
We flew into san francisco 2 years ago with car hire 2 weeks...£1150 all in just had quote for £2003...compact 2 dr
Prices need to come down...i aint paying £800 more...
Have you tried Andy? He’s got my friend a normal price for a 2 week trip in California for next month £420 for an intermediate SUV.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

we have been looking at packages with TUI for Oct, we normally do car hire separately direct with US rentacar but adding on a car with the full insurance ( SLI collision waver etc ) is only £349 for a compact (we had a fiesta in 2019). Having read and seen the crazy prices I am worried that this is too good to be true ?

A package with BA is slightly cheaper for flight and hotel but their car is £690

Decisions decisions ?
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
amandathepanda
Imagineer

Just had a quote from Andy at discount florida car hire, emailed him directly and saved $$$$$ highly recommend.
Old 22 Oct 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Another shout out to Andy after missing out this November by 4 days we booked with Tui into Melbourne, and doing some searching couldn’t get it less than 800 for a week for a suv a quick call to Andy and down to around 390 with gold insurance
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Daley70
Proud to wear my Ears

Hey Mr Morrow,
I've just been reading your posts on car hire and Virgin Atlantic stand alone deals which is most helpful! You mention it is supplied by Virgin Holidays and includes free cancellation and amendments however I'm confused as on the Virgin Atlantic webpage it seems to indicate cancellation policies.

virginholidays/tra...and-conditions

Do you know which is correct or should I query this with Virgin before booking? Thought I'd check with you first as you are such an expert!

Thanks
Davenport Villa September 2003, Fairfield Inn & Suites I Drive October2007, Coronado Springs Resort October 2009, Old Key West Resort August 2011, Port Orleans French Quarter August 2013, Coronado Springs July 2016
Daley70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Daley70
Proud to wear my Ears

Sorry, that link hasn't worked. Screenshot instead.

Davenport Villa September 2003, Fairfield Inn & Suites I Drive October2007, Coronado Springs Resort October 2009, Old Key West Resort August 2011, Port Orleans French Quarter August 2013, Coronado Springs July 2016

Edited at 01:42 PM.
Daley70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Also on Virgin Hols website

99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Daley70
Proud to wear my Ears

Yes, I saw that also. That's why I'm now confused. Looking at a 12/15 seater van for a family holiday next August and quoting £1411 gold package for 2 weeks which seems fab price. Don't even know what would have been a good price pre-Covid times.
Old 23 Oct 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Daley70 View Post
Hey Mr Morrow,
I've just been reading your posts on car hire and Virgin Atlantic stand alone deals which is most helpful! You mention it is supplied by Virgin Holidays and includes free cancellation and amendments however I'm confused as on the Virgin Atlantic webpage it seems to indicate cancellation policies.

virginholidays/tra...and-conditions

Do you know which is correct or should I query this with Virgin before booking? Thought I'd check with you first as you are such an expert!

Thanks
Ha ha. Not an expert at all but I do keep an eye on a few sites. 99Plums is spot on with his post.

Free cancellation. The problem is VH are hopeless at updating their website and it's littered with inaccurate information and glitches. However cancellation is free.

To be honest they need to invest money in their IT

For example:-
You can't get a quote for over 28 days hire and have to ring up. Why?
Try searching for Orland. You have to use a lower case o. Why?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List