Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Jun 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

good stateroom on Disney Fantasy?

1st time cruiser... so be gentle

At the moment I have a room on deck 6 aft... just because I havent chosen anything else!

There are still other options available I could change to... should I try for the highest deck (they're more expensive, are they better? )

Should I try for aft or t'other side?

Any other hints/tips to know about choosing?

thanks
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I tend to steer clear of the back of the ship because you are above the engines, therefore you have more chance of feeling vibration. Having said that, I’ve read posts where people have said it’s minimal and only felt when docking.
I tend to get a cabin sandwiched above and below by other cabins. If you are over an entertainment venue or under the sun deck there’s the possibility of hearing noise, such as sun loungers being dragged along the floor and such like.
The higher up you go, there is the chance that you will feel the ship move if there is any bad weather.
We have chosen a cabin on the eighth deck near the front with a verandah.
What type of cabin have you chosen?
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
We prefer being in the aft of the ship ... especially on Dream ( which is near enough the same layout as Fantasy). You do get engine noise when docking. We like being there though as its closer to the pool deck where the drink stations are.
We've stayed in 7684, and this year will be 8676. Agree with above poster, look at what is above and below the room you are thinking of. Cruise deck plans is a good site to look at.

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

are there any sites which have lists of good/bad rooms?
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
The Dis has room reviews, but that's the only one I know of.

Lots of people on here have been on the Dream and Fantasy ... why not ask and see if anyone has stayed in or near the rooms you are thinking of?

Or are you on fb? There are numerous dcl cruise groups that you could ask on

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

We have cruised on Dream many times and the only time We have had any noise was when we had a cabin right at the back with the wrap around balcony. We booked late and was allocated it on boarding. I think it was a wheelchair accessible room so really big and was on about deck 6 or 7. We definitely had vibration from whatever was below and not just at docking. Got used to it after the first day but would never choose one at back again. We have been mid ships on 6, 7 and 8 and front on 12. All amazing. Missed out last year as was cancelled due to Irma while we were out there so had to book again for this year. Once is not enough.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I think you've chosen your room now, but you can always change.

Have you gone for a veranda, oceanview (window) or inside room?

For verandas I would go for the aft (back) ones as they're much bigger.
For oceanview I'd go with a Category 8a on deck 5 (huge rooms with 2 large windows you can sit in)
For inside I'd go for deck 1, 5 or 6
Old 13 Jun 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've booked the Dream for the first time next year and were recommended an aft cabin on deck 8 (looking out of the back of the ship). The balcony is huge and there are other cabins above and below.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

Think that maybe the one we had a few years ago. Huge verandah and room but could feel vibration from the engines even in bed. The people in the room next door had the same problem so it wasn't just me.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Licoricelover View Post
Think that maybe the one we had a few years ago. Huge verandah and room but could feel vibration from the engines even in bed. The people in the room next door had the same problem so it wasn't just me.
The vibration generally depends on how fast the ship travels. Less speed equals less vibration and sits higher in the water.