Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Aug 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Roxy02
Getting to know the DIBB

After hours event

Looking at the extra event hours at AK when we go in January, has anyone done this that could give me some information before I book, good or bad reviews welcome
TIA
Roxy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Do you mean extra magic hours, moonlight magic, annual pass holders event, Xmas? You need to be more specific.
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I did the after hours at AK back in May, I loved it (so much so that I've booked again for September!) AK is my favourite park anyway so extra time there is always a bonus but I really enjoyed the atmosphere and multiple rides on everything that was open. The strategy I used was to head over to dinoland first so that the day guests had time to clear from the FOP queue and once I had done everything I wanted I headed back over to Pandora and FOP was now a walk on pretty much.

It is very expensive but worth it for me. Any specific questions let me know and i'll happily fill you in!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Roxy02
Getting to know the DIBB

Thank you kellbells, we booked last week to go for a sneaky week at universal just myself and my daughter but we thought a day at ak would be great, i did look at renting dvc points be no rooms available so doing research I came across this event on the 30th Jan it would be awesome to know we could get to ride FOP.
Did you do a full day plus the extra hrs ?
Was it much quieter during the event ?
Can I ask what price you paiď ?

Thank you
Jill
Roxy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I think it's much better value if you don't already have Disney tickets so I think it would be a good shout. I believe it's $125pp and it runs for 3 hours after the park closes. I already had the 14 day Disney ticket so I had been at another park during the day, I believe that you can get in on the after hours tickets a couple of hours before it starts but you would need a separate ticket to visit during the day.

Not everything is open, none of the animal attractions or trails are running but the rides that are open you can easily do multiple times. They also run an extra rivers of light show. You get free popcorn, ice creams and drinks throughout the party. It is much quieter than during the day, a couple of times I looked around walking between attractions and couldn't see another soul! Pandora was the busiest area but easily the emptiest I've ever seen it

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Roxy02
Getting to know the DIBB

We are going to buy a 1 day ticket and the event ticket, so we can do all the animal attractions during the day hopefully fast pass a few things, then on the evening do Pandora which I was lucky to ride in Nov but my daughter hasn't been on it yet, didn't know you got free drinks, ice cream and pop corn that's a bonus lol
So we could have an awesome day/night
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Halowa View Post
Do you mean extra magic hours, moonlight magic, annual pass holders event, Xmas? You need to be more specific.
It was specific, there is one “after hours” event.

OP, we did it February this year, loved it, there are only a few things open at AK but they are our favourite attractions and it was great to do them multiple times with no wait.

We had regular park tickets anyway. I would not buy a day pass and then the event ticket as well, that is a really long time in a single park. The event ticket gives you three hours of park entry and three fast passes before the event starts, so you can do the things that are not open during the event in that time.

Edited at 03:24 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sorry to hop onto your thread, Roxy, but those people who’ve been, how long did you wait for FOP during the event? Did you ride more than once? Many times? Just curious 😊
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Sorry to hop onto your thread, Roxy, but those people who’ve been, how long did you wait for FOP during the event? Did you ride more than once? Many times? Just curious 😊
Went on FoP about four times, could easily have done more. We had a short wait the first time because there were still some day guests in the queue, but after that there was no wait whatsoever.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Roxy02
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It was specific, there is one “after hours” event.

OP, we did it February this year, loved it, there are only a few things open at AK but they are our favourite attractions and it was great to do them multiple times with no wait.

We had regular park tickets anyway. I would not buy a day pass and then the event ticket as well, that is a really long time in a single park. The event ticket gives you three hours of park entry and three fast passes before the event starts, so you can do the things that are not open during the event in that time.
Was thinking of having a relaxing morning then go to AK after lunch, so we can still do the safari etc before the event then do the rides like FOP when its much quieter, there is only 2 of us no kids so I am sure we could manage a long day well I would I have a scooter lol