Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jul 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazzaschofield View Post
I was but got bored of waiting.

Was due to fly VA from MAN to MCO on Aug 11th and hadn't heard anything yet. Sent them a WhatsApp & Twitter message 4 days ago asking what my options were.

The WhatsApp got back to me Yesterday giving me my options (open ticket, refund or a ridiculous amount of Miles). I asked for a refund but got no reply.

Twitter replied today saying they can see its been cancelled already and a refund request sent and will be refunded within 120 days.

Although WhatsApp didn't respond it looks like they processed the refund request anyway 👍
That's good to hear. I sent one a couple of days ago.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Is anyone else booked with United? Our flights are still showing as going ahead on 12 August LHR To MCO via Newark and return on 20 August.
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jones721 View Post
I would tend to think that Saturday flight would be busier than weekdays so not sure that would be the case. Also, there wouldn't be a regular pattern to it if they cancelled based on passenger numbers...
The pattern was all later flights were cancelled (2 a day in summer).
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jacko7
Earning More Ears

Aer lingus have just cancelled our San Francisco flight in August, hoping to get refund on return and connecting flights now
jacko7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarey101
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We were due to fly with Aer Lingus on 24 August. Hoping it will be cancelled so we can get a refund.
Clarey101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by arhclo View Post
Due to fly out 14th to Miami... as this is one of the US gateways that are open I’m not expecting BA to cancel
Same. We're due to fly on 4th August to Miami. Just waiting a couple more days until we can cancel through insurance...
TheHughesCrew is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by kathrynmc View Post
Who were you flying with, we are doing this route on the 20th August.

Did you receive an email or did you just look on a website
I had an email from BA to tell me that my BA flight from Dublin to Orlando has been cancelled.
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
scheduled : 8th August GVA-TPA (geneva to tampa, via Frankfurt, on lufthansa), return 29th august , booked on expedia

today there was a change. Our FRA-TPA and TPA-FRA no longer show on the companies sites. Itineraries only show we're going to Frankfurt.
Expedia does not yet reflect that change on their itinerary

I'm waiting for the flights to be officially cancelled, or rebooked with a "significant change" to claim for a refund

not the end of the tunnel yet, but things seem to have resumed moving.
Do you happen to know what constitutes a ‘significant change’ with Lufthansa? I’d read in the T&Cs that we would be entitled to a refund in the event of a significant change, but I’ve just had an email saying that our booking has changed - but no option to get a refund. The changes are significant to us, but I don’t know where we stand legally.

The changes are:
Outbound flights have been brought forward by 27 hours - DH wouldn’t be able to take the extra day off work, even if we wanted to go.
Return flights have been pushed back by 33 hours. Again, DH couldn’t get the extra day off work, and neither could I. (I work in a school and we go back that day.)

Surely these are significant changes and we’re entitled to a refund?
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

just had our Norwegian flights for September 26 cancelled form Gatwick to mco
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Do you happen to know what constitutes a ‘significant change’ with Lufthansa? I’d read in the T&Cs that we would be entitled to a refund in the event of a significant change, but I’ve just had an email saying that our booking has changed - but no option to get a refund. The changes are significant to us, but I don’t know where we stand legally.

The changes are:
Outbound flights have been brought forward by 27 hours - DH wouldn’t be able to take the extra day off work, even if we wanted to go.
Return flights have been pushed back by 33 hours. Again, DH couldn’t get the extra day off work, and neither could I. (I work in a school and we go back that day.)

Surely these are significant changes and we’re entitled to a refund?
Yes these would be significant changes. I can’t see that a Lufthansa define significant changes, but as the flights aren’t even the same day ie changed by over 24 hours I doubt they will try to argue it is only a minor change. Most websites seem to say the rule of thumb is over 6 hours.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List