Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Sep 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
That's even older than ours was. We eventually got a new boiler fitted a couple of years ago. Our old one was 29 years old, worcester bosch. Only got rid as it made such a racket when anyone had a shower!
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Old Boilers Matter!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I'm on my third boiler in the time you've had just the one and they certainly don't make them like that anymore.
That is true - our boiler lasted 30 years before it rolled over. In that time apart from annual service we only had a couple of minor repairs both under £100. We were always told to hold on it to the end as it was easy to repair and very economical to run. Dread to think how long this one will last but doubt it will be as long as the old one and repair costs will be greater.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Sad times but at least you got to choose when it was time, ours just died on its own in the night, in the middle of winter🥴. It was a bit older than yours, around 1973! So far happy with the new one that lives outside😂. Should save you a far bit of money on your bills though!
Old 24 Sep 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I agree with you about new boilers. Far too complicated and far too much electronic bits on them

I have gone for a Baxi with a 10 year parts and labour warranty.
We have an old Baxi boiler. We have had it so long I can’t remember but it must be at least 35 years old. My husbands background is heating and ventilating (not residential) and he has always said they are great boilers.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Our boiler is the original one from when we moved into our new build in 1985. I was weighing up whether to buy a fan heater just in case it goes wrong and we're back in lockdown! Fingers crossed.

RIP Tom's boiler.
Old 24 Sep 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

We had a Potterton floor standing boiler in our new build in 1977 that did us excellent service (we never actually had it serviced &#128563 until 2016 when we replaced it

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC

Edited at 05:10 PM.
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Our boiler has broken down again twice in two weeks. It’s 18 years old and looking like we will have to replace it now as we are sitting here freezing (in the Highlands of Scotland). It was supposedly serviced 3 weeks ago but the guy who came to look at it 2 weeks ago and yesterday said it hadn’t been serviced in a while Dh is going to put in a complaint to the service company as we have no idea what he did during the service.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Bless it. We installed our boiler when we bought the house 33 years ago, we bought it second hand out of a local paper for £25, I dread to think how old it is and it’s certainly Z rated too!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When we got a new boiler we saved loads of money which is always good