Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Oct 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I want my dd home, she can continue online. She doesn’t get on with her housemates, she doesn’t dislike them but not into drinking games and kitchen gatherings. She sees her other friends, has good mates from high school in different flats. If she can’t see them she will be in a right state, she keeps saying she wants to quit but she’s carrying on for now!
Kids are such a worry!
I agree about the worrying bit!

This time, DH seems more relaxed about it all and is saying he thinks she will be ok if she wants to stay at Uni as she is in a house with people on her course. I would prefer she came home. Last time, he phoned and told her to get straight on a train home.
At the end of the day, she is an adult now and it sill be her decision.
I have messaged her tonight and she’s ignoring me🤷
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bella Girl View Post
I agree about the worrying bit!

This time, DH seems more relaxed about it all and is saying he thinks she will be ok if she wants to stay at Uni as she is in a house with people on her course. I would prefer she came home. Last time, he phoned and told her to get straight on a train home.
At the end of the day, she is an adult now and it sill be her decision.
I have messaged her tonight and she’s ignoring me🤷
That’s a sign for me that she’s happy with uni and her new friends. I would leave her there

If she becomes ill mind, I would be there like a shot to fetch her home 😂
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetchunks
Getting Excited

Mobile

I don’t think my DS would want to come home. He’s really enjoying Uni and seems to have a nice bunch on his floor. He’s not one for nightlife and if anything I think they have bonded more as a group because they have all been in their block more. If he’s happy, I’m happy, although I still miss him like crazy!
sweetchunks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

My daughter is in halls in Bangor unfortunately only her for the last few weeks in her halls flat of 8. She was doing ok until the circuit break was coming in and then she'd had enough and was feeling lonely and couldn't face the 17 days on her own so I drove across to get her the day before the circuit break came in. Not sure when she'll be going back at the moment but it's totally up to her whenever she feels ready we'll drive her back. Such a shame that her experience of Uni so far is such a lonely one
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Beth was due to come home for the weekend this Friday and go back Monday. We are not sure whether or not she will still be allowed - would we be classed as her support bubble? She is feeling a bit down at the moment - she has made friends but they are not from her flat of 6. It’s not that she isn’t friendly with her flat mates, they have had drinks etc but she does prefer the company of others. She has struggled with mental health before and I don’t want it to flare up during lockdown - being home for a few days at the start will make the rest of the time bearable for her I think.

We are going to wait and see if the uni give any guidelines as they are (quite rightly) bring strict and I don’t want her getting into trouble with them.

Edited at 11:30 AM.
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
DD wants to stay at Uni so decision is made.

I am sure she will be fine as she is level headed. X
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just spoken to Beth on the phone and depending on what the uni says about her practical lessons, she may come home for lockdown.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
Just spoken to Beth on the phone and depending on what the uni says about her practical lessons, she may come home for lockdown.
Which uni is she at? My dd seems to think she’s not allowed home for Lockdown. She’s not particularly happy at uni!
Old 1 Nov 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Which uni is she at? My dd seems to think she’s not allowed home for Lockdown. She’s not particularly happy at uni!
She is at Surrey - on their website it says they will make an announcement soon. Did your daughter’s uni say why they are not allowed home? I can’t see why not if they are not isolating because of symptoms.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
Old 1 Nov 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

To be honest Abby's Uni said students were not allowed home but we took the decision that her mental wellbeing was more important than what the Uni were instructing. The campus was like a ghost town by the time she left with lots of students going home.
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List