Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Nov 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
From what I hear most of the villas are being bought by folks moving to the area for work or by Americans from northern states as second homes with no intention of renting them to holiday-makers.
This may go someway to explaining why Owners who are selling are cancelling bookings.
This certainly fits in with all I'm hearing, also Florida property is cheap compared to a lot of States so people can move from an apartment and buy a pool home.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
I am always surprised when owners cancel booking because they are selling, surely most people buying villas in Florida intend to let them, wouldn't they be grateful to have a few bookings already? Maybe ask the owner to pass your details to the new buyer and see if you can still go if that was the perfect villa for you. If not I expect there will be a greater than usual choice of villas at the moment with many people reluctant yet to book
I know lots (35) owners that have recently sold, I must admit I only know of one that was sold as a holiday let, they are all being sold to residents
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
I know lots (35) owners that have recently sold, I must admit I only know of one that was sold as a holiday let, they are all being sold to residents
I am sure residents there are feeling the same as they are here. They need their own space, there own outdoor space and to live away from multiple others in condos. If they are at home a lot, particularly if you are working from home or have children then more space is ideal.

Add on bargin properties and that is a perfect mixture for local people to buy.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I am sure residents there are feeling the same as they are here. They need their own space, there own outdoor space and to live away from multiple others in condos. If they are at home a lot, particularly if you are working from home or have children then more space is ideal.

Add on bargin properties and that is a perfect mixture for local people to buy.
Actually prices are holding up surprisingly well. And coupled with advantageous exchange rates there has never been a better time to sell.
We have no intention of selling but I hope we will not regret this missed opportunity in the future.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Actually prices are holding up surprisingly well. And coupled with advantageous exchange rates there has never been a better time to sell.
We have no intention of selling but I hope we will not regret this missed opportunity in the future.
Thanks for that Sue, I didn't realise that. I am happy for the people selling that they are getting a good price, hopefully it sweetens the need to sell.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Prices haven't dropped at all in my area near Formosa Gardens. I even get phone calls and letters from people looking to buy our house constantly.

The house right next to us was a short term rental owned by a British couple. When they sold due to health issues two years ago it went to a local family.

Even communities like Windsor Palms and Emerald Island that appear to be tourist resorts actually have lots of permanent residents.
Old 17 Nov 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We are getting weekly letters from realtors wanting our property at the moment, as said seems to be Americans buying, maybe it's the same as here, people realizing they can work from home
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
We are getting weekly letters from realtors wanting our property at the moment, as said seems to be Americans buying, maybe it's the same as here, people realizing they can work from home
Same here, every week without fail a letter turns up from the realtor.

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes it seems new realtors are popping up all the time. One growing industry anyway. 😂