Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jul 17, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Ladies - under dress shorts

I'm a little on the chunky side (ok, a lot). I have a few summer dresses that I might be grave enough to wear when nobody knows me.

Can you recommend shorts to avoid the dreaded chub rub?

I have ten weeks so would like to lose a stone and a half but even then I'll still be chunky .
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post

No advice on shorts although I think someone has mentioned on previous threads cycling shorts, but I also suffer from the dreaded chub rub and find lanacane anti chafe gel fabulous! Coat it on in the morning and you're good to go! :-)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluefish
Getting Excited

These may be of use, I wear them just as shorts but they may look good under dresses?

bonprix/products/p...ngs-_-leggings

bonprix/products/c...ngs-_-leggings
Bluefish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have 2 recommendations, anti chaff knickers from the Big Bloomer Company or pettipants (like a slip joined to make sort of cullottes).
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

My DD wears short leggings (not sure what they are called) when she wears a dress. She finds they keep her feeling cool. As those larger among us, thigh rubbing makes you feel hot and uncomfortable.
Old 13 Jul 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I've never worn a dress in Florida as I'm scared of the dreaded chub rub (I'm size 12-14) but I've ordered leggings for this year - white and black - so I'm going to try wearing some dresses as much prefer skirts and dresses to trousers and shorts x
Old 13 Jul 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bluefish View Post
These may be of use, I wear them just as shorts but they may look good under dresses?

bonprix/products/c...ngs-_-leggings
I second these. I wore them under dresses last week and they are very comfy.
Old 13 Jul 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Tbh i have ever short leggings that were in yours clothing but didnt use them much as got some plain vaseline and rubbed that in before going out it worked great
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
katiexlou
Apprentice Imagineer

Primark do legging shorts for about £2 in the active section. Even though I've lost 4 stone I still feel comfier with them underneath
Old 13 Jul 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by katiexlou View Post
Primark do legging shorts for about £2 in the active section. Even though I've lost 4 stone I still feel comfier with them underneath
Congrats on 4 stone loss-I need to do that
Please share how...

Back to you op-I have these very shorts mentioned above-£2.50 and available in different colours-but I wear as underwear and find them more comfy that way-if you catch my drift-so colours don't matter
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List