Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Jul 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lullington
Getting Excited

Virgin Atlantic childs meal

Does anyone know if the child's meal portion is much smaller than the adults ? I have a 13 year old who wants to play it safe & have the children's meal as the adult options at the moment don't appeal. The website says children's meal if for 12 and under.
Thanks
Lullington is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
chickeninabun
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

My daughter is 13 and I don't recall having an option of a child's meal for her. My 10yo has got the child's option though, but I don't remember selecting it so maybe it's automatic?

chickeninabun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lullington
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by chickeninabun View Post
My daughter is 13 and I don't recall having an option of a child's meal for her. My 10yo has got the child's option though, but I don't remember selecting it so maybe it's automatic?
It has let me select child's meal as an option, I just wanted to know the size of the meal. Thanks
Lullington is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Okwgirl
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

My son always has the child’s meals on Virgin flights. Main meals aren’t noticable smaller (in fact I have swapped meals with him on a couple of occasions when it has suited us both) but the accompaniments are a little ‘younger’ (yoghurt pouch etc) so if it’s the overall experience you are looking at then it may not be comparable to the adults.

Main meals have included pasta with tomato sauce or chicken nuggets in the past from memory.
Okwgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lullington
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Okwgirl View Post
My son always has the child’s meals on Virgin flights. Main meals aren’t noticable smaller (in fact I have swapped meals with him on a couple of occasions when it has suited us both) but the accompaniments are a little ‘younger’ (yoghurt pouch etc) so if it’s the overall experience you are looking at then it may not be comparable to the adults.

Main meals have included pasta with tomato sauce or chicken nuggets in the past from memory.
Thank you. I did google for pics this morning and think she will be happier with the kids stuff as she doesn't like any of the adult options that are on the menu at the minute.
Old 28 Jul 18, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
2 weeks ago the kids one was mac cheese... DS hated so I had it, he had my roll and some pulled pork... was actually OK, not a smaller portion either
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

What are the current meal options on virgin for both adults and children? Although my children are younger they are incredibly fussy and picky. Some smells and textures will have my daughter gagging. Just trying to work out whether to order children's or adult meals. Or is it too late to change? If they refuse food on the plane and there's spare adult meals will they be allowed it? Has anyone experienced this? I will pick them up snacks beforehand but they don't even eat sandwiches
Thanks
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

My DD had the childs pasta meal last year. Really it was inedible. It had a rubbery texture and a horrid plastic taste. On the tray it comes with a pack of cheddars, bottle of water, bear yoyo, a laughing cow cheese and crackers, and the same dessert as the adults.
The afternoon tea sandwiches are the same as those offered to the adults.

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Okwgirl
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

They will try to accommodate you if they can and you are struggling. They have offered us a swap out before now (I think the vegetarian pasta in place for the children’s meal) but it is relatively limited what options they have. If you’re unsure I would definitely recommend having a backup sandwich/snack for them. It’s a long flight otherwise.
Just remember that they will have limited numbers of child’s meals onboard according to preorders. There is much more chance of being able to swap child’s for adults versus the other way around.
Okwgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

We found virgin to be very good when our kids were young,son was very picky and on one flight he did not eat a thing the stewardess was lovely and even gave us 2 bottles of wine as we left the flight and she apologised even though it was not her fault ! Another time a stewardess offered him some of her own crisps and chocolate.
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List