Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 18, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Considering DCL in March 2019 - Qs!

As the title says, I'm considering booking DCL (3 nights from Port Canaveral) in March 2019, combining it with a cheeky trip to WDW as well.

Is this an okay time to sail - weather wise? Will it be warm once we reach the islands? Or should I hold off for another time?

I'm looking at a verandah room, midship - gives me a choice of decks - is there anything I should be thinking about when picking a room?

Is a verandah room worth the extra $$? And where should I book this - via DCL website itself, or somewhere else?

Should we do this at the start or end of our trip?

Thank you!
OKW '14 | DxDDP '14 + Food Only 1 | Villa '13 | Villa '11 | DLP '10
Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

We love having the verandah to sit out at night with a glass of wine before or after dinner. We use the verandah a lot and for us it's worth ever extra $ but others will say it's a waste on a short trip are are happy with inside room so really it's personal preference.

I don't think there's much to choose in the decks I wouldn't pay more to get a higher deck. One year we did choose a deck immediately above the lifeboats which restricted the view from the verandah a little but I can't remember which deck it was.

You will have an amazing time whether you cruise at the beginning or end of the holiday. We do split stays so go somewhere in the middle.

We always book direct with Disney. You can choose your room immediately and they are very good if you want to make changes.

Never cruised in March so no idea what the weather would be like. I do remember going to Orlando in March and had to go and buy trousers and jumpers as it was quite cold but it could have been a one off. However, I think the weather is more changeable at that time of year.
If you are anything like us it will become a must have part of your holiday.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
If you can possibly fit it in, try and do the 4 night. The three night would be over in a flash! You don't board until lunchtime on your first day, and are off by 9am on your last day.
We have had a verandah on the Dream before and are having one again this year ( DH's choice … he doesn't get his say in much lol!). Try and choose a room on the right as you look forward and you will likely have a lovely view of castaway cay as the ship normally backs in.
We prefer the aft of the ship .. for a couple of reasons. The aft elevators are normally quieter than mid ship, and the drink stations on the pool deck are aft, so DH doesn't need to walk too far for morning tea, and late night diet coke! You do feel (more?) vibration in the aft of the ship, but we don't find it too bad.
First time on Dream we did 8 nights OKW, 4 nights dream and then 2 nights AoA. It is nice if you can stay on a couple of nights after the cruise as you are off the ship very early, and could make for a very long day at MCO if you don't have your own transport.
However this year we are cruising first. We arrive on 16th Dec, cruise on 17th and then at WDW for 10 nights from 21st December. Who knows which way round we'll prefer it!
We have booked with an agent and direct with Disney. Some prefer to book with a US TA, but you are of course at the mercy of the exchange rate.
HTH

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
As Claire says, try to fit a 4 night in if you can. it will give you that one day to explore the ship which is an excursion on its own!

Booking direct or through a US TA is best, just don't book with a UK agent.
Book it quickly as the price will only rise for March 2019 - those cruises have been out for some time now so will already be on the up I guess.

I don't bother with a veranda on short cruises, but if I had 4 people in the room, I would try to get one just for the extra space. For just 2 though, I'd rather put the money towards trips and another cruise!

Joa