Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Oct 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Food at POFQ

Can someone tell me about the food at POFQ please. In particular i want to know about QS breakfast, how big are the pancakes ie will 1 serving be enough for 2?

I seen they do a pizza meal deal for 2 QS credits, whats that like please?

Also, any must do snacks or anything there?

Many thanks in advance.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

You get 3 pretty large pancakes, we always shared. The blueberry ones are my favourite!
The pizza is quite nice, pretty standard Disney pizza but tasty.
Obviously you have to try beignets if you’re staying there! The king cake is also good (similar to a cinnamon bun).

The Southern Classic options/jambalaya/steak Po Boy are my favourite mains! I have a few photos at the start of my food report here. Ignore the create your own pasta photo though as they don’t do that any more
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Yeah QS breakfast is three decent size pancakes and plenty to share.

The 2qs credit pizza exists and is awesome for up to four people.

They do a chicken dish for lunch and I can’t recall the name but it comes with biscuits and a spicy sauce, it’s amazing and I’m really annoyed I can’t recall the name. I’ll look it up...

edit; doesn’t seem to exist anymore. It wasn’t the voodoo chicken sandwich that’s there now. Shame!

Edited at 11:17 AM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
BrilliantBadger
Proud to wear my Ears

Hello, I've only had my first holiday at POFQ, so no doubt someone with way more knowledge will be along soon. However this is what I know!

My Mum got QS breakfasts and had 2 big pancakes and then sausage with them, I think she had mickey waffles too. At home she'd have some cereal and yogurt (instead of the milk) and she was super full up from the pancakes and waffles. Im not really one for breakfasts so would normally have her sausages!

The pizza's are probably like a large dominoes one, it would do more than 2 people. Remember to use your drink 'credit' with a QS at a resort for a snack credit instead. I loved the fried chicken and my mum had an amazing large salad with loads of things in it, it looked super hearty and she had it on the first night after a day of plane food.

To be honest there weren't any must do's with snacks apart from the beneigts, but when I was there in May they had a cute Aladdin cupcake so I think they do have nice themed things. I want to walk over to PORS to get a cookie bar which I think I saw is there.

Its such a lovely resort, im sure you'll love it!
BrilliantBadger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

The pancakes are huge and you get 3 (I couldn't even finish 1 of them!) You can also get the giant Mickey Waffle which is enough to share.

I love the Jambalaya there and also enjoyed the Beignet burger (despite the fact I think i'm the only dibber who doesn't like beignet's!)

With the large pizza you also get a massive portion of bread sticks with and is easily enough for 4 people. I wouldn't say it's amazing but they make it fresh and we like it for arrival day as it's easy to take to the room!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
floridaphil
Very Serious Dibber

The pizza used to be a large round deep crust one but it's now thin crust and rectangular but as already said, you now get 6 bread sticks and a salad with it. There was three of us and it made a pretty good filling meal. Pancakes are always nice but... I DON'T SHARE PANCAKES! 😋
floridaphil is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridaphil View Post
The pizza used to be a large round deep crust one but it's now thin crust and rectangular but as already said, you now get 6 bread sticks and a salad with it. There was three of us and it made a pretty good filling meal. Pancakes are always nice but... I DON'T SHARE PANCAKES! 😋
The round ones were much nicer!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

My favourite thing at POFQ is the jambalaya. I like having evening meals at the resort and I had it most of my 14 evenings last year!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
The pancakes are huge and you get 3 (I couldn't even finish 1 of them!) You can also get the giant Mickey Waffle which is enough to share.

I love the Jambalaya there and also enjoyed the Beignet burger (despite the fact I think i'm the only dibber who doesn't like beignet's!)

With the large pizza you also get a massive portion of bread sticks with and is easily enough for 4 people. I wouldn't say it's amazing but they make it fresh and we like it for arrival day as it's easy to take to the room!
You're not the only Dibber who doesn't like beignets - I think they're awful.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
My favourite thing at POFQ is the jambalaya. I like having evening meals at the resort and I had it most of my 14 evenings last year!
I agree with this so scrumptious