Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Apr 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
BA refund... Ausgust 2020

We were supposed to go in August but made the decision not to go, and my parents were coming with us too.

We booked a fly drive so have only paid the deposit for £300, but my dad paid in full for their flights at the time of booking.

Obviously flights in August have not been cancelled by BA, but I was wondering what his options are? Does he just sit and wait and see if the flight is cancelled and then get a voucher or refund, or is there anything he can do now to cancel/change dates/destination? Neither of them want to travel long haul next year but would use the voucher towards a trip to the Canaries if possible.

I think it's a case of sit and wait, it's £1400 in total which is a lot to lose for them, but they do not want to go even of the flights go ahead.

Any ideas?

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Flightman
Imagineer

I think they're only option is wait for the fight to be cancelled by BA and then demand a refund.

As much as i hate to say it, i think August flights to the USA aren't looking likely right now.

Houston we have a countdown!
Flightman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If you booked through the flexible booking period from Tuesday 3rd March you can cancel for voucher, otherwise you will have to wait for flight to be cancelled to obtain refund.
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
We were supposed to go in August but made the decision not to go, and my parents were coming with us too.

We booked a fly drive so have only paid the deposit for £300, but my dad paid in full for their flights at the time of booking.

Obviously flights in August have not been cancelled by BA, but I was wondering what his options are? Does he just sit and wait and see if the flight is cancelled and then get a voucher or refund, or is there anything he can do now to cancel/change dates/destination? Neither of them want to travel long haul next year but would use the voucher towards a trip to the Canaries if possible.

I think it's a case of sit and wait, it's £1400 in total which is a lot to lose for them, but they do not want to go even of the flights go ahead.

Any ideas?
I think if what you want is the extra money you paid over the deposit then I would try the freephone or paid number for BA go for the bookings with car option and speak to them.

I think they will returned the funds over the deposit, you will lose the deposit though.

If the flight is cancelled you will get the whole lot back but you will have to wait and see if the flight is cancelled.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
If they booked flight only, I think they will need to wait until August to see if the flight is cancelled. If it isn’t, I doubt they’ll get their money back. Might be worth checking insurance, but I know ours doesn’t cover us for deciding not to travel if there are no FCO restrictions.
Old 16 Apr 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
If they booked flight only, I think they will need to wait until August to see if the flight is cancelled. If it isn’t, I doubt they’ll get their money back. Might be worth checking insurance, but I know ours doesn’t cover us for deciding not to travel if there are no FCO restrictions.
The OP says it's a fly drive and they have overpaid, only needing to pay the deposit they have paid allmor part of the balance as well. I think at this time that is refundable, balance not deposit.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Check this post by Mad2020:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ight=BA+Refund

It tells how to attempt to get a refund
Good luck
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
The OP says it's a fly drive and they have overpaid, only needing to pay the deposit they have paid allmor part of the balance as well. I think at this time that is refundable, balance not deposit.
I may have misunderstood the original post. I read that the OPs parents had booked flight only and paid in full, and the OP had booked a flydrive.
Old 16 Apr 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I may have misunderstood the original post. I read that the OPs parents had booked flight only and paid in full, and the OP had booked a flydrive.
Sorry you are right I may be wrong its a bit ambiguous, could easily be that dad booked separately and paid for it all.

I read it that they were all on a fly drive booking but Dads had paid all his bit! We need the OP back to explain.

Sorry Mason
Old 16 Apr 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You are right, I booked a fly drive, my dad booked and paid for their flights as a separate booking, that's what I meant by time of booking, should have put separate though (I know what I meant lol)

I am not fussed about losing our deposit - it's only £300, but my dad paid for his in full which was £1400.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List