Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 17 Apr 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

Universal Annual Passes

Evening All

I upgraded mine and my daughter's Universal tickets Annual Passes last year as we cut our holiday short because of the impending hurricane. I fully expected to be going back this year for a quick trip just to do Universal. Our passes run out at the end of August and I just can't see us being able to use them even if they're extended because of School holidays.
Just wondered if anyone else was in the same situation and has any information if there was an alternative to them just being extended for how long the parks were closed for? I think it cost around £300 ish for the two of us, so I'd like to know what my options are, if any.
Thanks
Claire

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
elle_a
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

unfortunately they were incredibly unhelpful with this when i was there. there is nothing else they will do for you. the only thing they can do is downgrade your pass (if you don’t have the cheapest one already that is) if you haven’t got the value out of your pass, but i’d used mine on 5 separate days across 2 different trips, so as far as they’re concerned i haven’t overpaid because i’ve technically got the value out of my pass.
elle_a is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the reply, I’ve not actually used my annual pass at all. I upgraded the 14 day pass on our last day when the holiday was cut short. I’m not even sure they are activated (do they need activating?) we have the one where we can park hop at go to volcano bay. It was a bit of a rush as we were doing it just before we left for the airport!

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by excitedbunny79 View Post
Thanks for the reply, I’ve not actually used my annual pass at all. I upgraded the 14 day pass on our last day when the holiday was cut short. I’m not even sure they are activated (do they need activating?) we have the one where we can park hop at go to volcano bay. It was a bit of a rush as we were doing it just before we left for the airport!
If you upgraded from 14 day tickets then your annual pass actually started on the first day you entered the parks using your 14 day tickets and will expire a year from that first day.

It’s an unfortunate situation but universal and Disney are doing their best for annual pass holders by extending the expiry dates. The universal annual passes are normally a great deal but who expected this to happen?

Our annual passes were due to expire in mid July after our next trip to Universal which won’t be happening now either.
Old 18 Apr 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Similar here we upgraded last August to cover our May trip
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We upgraded too and I expect if we don’t get this year that we will just have to lose that money. If Universal were to do anything for us that would be great but I don’t expect them to be able to help everyone.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
We upgraded too and I expect if we don’t get this year that we will just have to lose that money. If Universal were to do anything for us that would be great but I don’t expect them to be able to help everyone.
That's my view too, I don't expect to be able to use them before they expire, I just wondered if there had been any information I'd missed.

Old 18 Apr 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
pammiep
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
I upgraded by 14 day ticket when we were there getting the 6 months extra free so it would expire in May this year. According to the UOAP page on FB they are extending annual passes for the time that the parks are closed so mine should now expire in July or August maybe. There is a 20% discount on renewing just now.
pammiep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by pammiep View Post
I upgraded by 14 day ticket when we were there getting the 6 months extra free so it would expire in May this year. According to the UOAP page on FB they are extending annual passes for the time that the parks are closed so mine should now expire in July or August maybe. There is a 20% discount on renewing just now.
20% plus an extra 3 months free If you pay in full to renew this year.