Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jul 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I’m not going to say what I think.

So I will just say...good luck.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

I can't see anyone going to Florida this year, they have so many death's out there. Unless a major miracle happens...
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Personally, I could deal with most of the restrictions at WDW: no fireworks, no character meet and greet etc, and the reduced capacity may be great. But there's no way I'd wear a mask all day in the Florida heat and humidity, that would kill off any enjoyment.

And realistically, with Covid cases rising at full speed now - more than before lockdown - I can't see the US being open for tourists in September. Look at how much time it took us - more than 100 days to be where we are. Florida has basically cancelled all their lockdown efforts, they're in worse shape than they were at the beginning.

I know it's tough, I also booked 15 months ago... but no way I'd go ahead with such an expensive holiday in these conditions, and with the free dining plan cancelled on top of that it would be even more expensive.

Edited at 03:51 PM.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
A month or so ago I was reasonably confident that holidays to the US would start again in September or October but now I would be very surprised if they do before the election in November. Sorry its not what you want to hear, lots of us have had to cancel long awaited/planned holidays including myself so I do sympathise
LizzyBear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'm in a constant internal battle with myself, my head says give up its not going to happen but my heart wants to keep fighting! I think its hard as I don't know whether I'm coming or going! BA won't give me any information about my flights so thats just a waiting game but it means I can't be doing the other things I planned on doing as a backup as I may still end up having to cough up the money for Disney if the flights don't get cancelled/voucher isn't offered

I can imagine a lot of people are feeling the same

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

A few weeks ago I was thinking it was all looking fairly good for our August trip and I thought it was about 50/50 on whether it would go ahead.

Now I'm more like 99/1 it won't be happening!
Old 1 Jul 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I think holidays to some destinations will happen later this year - possibly in the next few weeks.

Florida holidays will probably start up next spring but maybe BA/VA will commence their flights a bit earlier if they are allowed to.
This would be my guess we well. You’ll be ok for Europe but no US until next year now.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

I have family in the UK and we were hoping they would visit for Christmas, but in all honesty I don’t see it happening.
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
planecrazi3778
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We've got flights booked to our own villa on 27th July. Looking good for it going ahead! 👍
planecrazi3778 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by planecrazi3778 View Post
We've got flights booked to our own villa on 27th July. Looking good for it going ahead! 👍
Presumably you have American passports ?

otherwise - which planet are you talking about ?