Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I wouldn’t book Gatwick - from what I read and see good chance it might be cancelled.
Could you expand your thoughts on this as when we booked for May 2021 the only option was EDI - LGW - MCO.

Currently the morning flight is from LGW and the afternoon flight is shown as departing from both airports.

We have booked the morning flight.

Thanks.
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Could you expand your thoughts on this as when we booked for May 2021 the only option was EDI - LGW - MCO.

Currently the morning flight is from LGW and the afternoon flight is shown as departing from both airports.

We have booked the morning flight.

Thanks.
They sent memos internally in April saying they may pull out of Gatwick permanently.
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
They sent memos internally in April saying they may pull out of Gatwick permanently.
Thanks for that. I now remember the "leaked" memo about the same time as BA were renegotiating the contracts.
Old 30 Sep 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Not that I believe half of what I read from people regarding what their companies will or will not do as they often say what they think the public or their investors want to hear but... with that being said Willie Walsh recons that they want to stay at Gatwick

staging.corporatetravelcommu...n-city-flying/

However, if you book gatwick and they cancel that flight I "think" they will move you to another flight anyway i.e at Heathrow and if they do that I "think" that you can find other suitable flights available and ring up and be moved FOC on to those flights instead (this is what I have gathered from other posts I have read over the years on here)
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Not that I believe half of what I read from people regarding what their companies will or will not do as they often say what they think the public or their investors want to hear but... with that being said Willie Walsh recons that they want to stay at Gatwick

staging.corporatetravelcommu...n-city-flying/

However, if you book gatwick and they cancel that flight I "think" they will move you to another flight anyway i.e at Heathrow and if they do that I "think" that you can find other suitable flights available and ring up and be moved FOC on to those flights instead (this is what I have gathered from other posts I have read over the years on here)
I think things have changed a lot since he said that back in May - and the cynic in me wonders if it was done at least partially to appease the Unions at that point?
Old 30 Sep 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
If this is the case why are there two flights a day from Gatwick to Orlando next year? Gatwick is better for me as I can get a direct train but I'd have to go into London and then get a tube if I went from Heathrow. I can't drive for health reasons.
He didn't go into details, but Heathrow is the priority completely going forward for BA.

I can't tell you why they show Orlando flights from Gatwick, maybe haven't got round to removing them, but if they have flights to Orlando going forward they will be from Heathrow - obviously things might start looking up next year, but can't see it myself.

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I think things have changed a lot since he said that back in May - and the cynic in me wonders if it was done at least partially to appease the Unions at that point?
Oh yeah I know it's an old article but the leaked memo was from back in March or April so I think this statement might have been in part to address that and in part to appease the unions like you say. I was just posting the article in response to the "leaked" memo that's all - I bet THEY don't even know what they will be doing next year, let alone anyone else
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Could be all change now as Willy Walsh retired on 8 September and has been replaced by Luis Gallego. He might have a different vision for the future of the company compared to Willy.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List