Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Oct 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Ladies, are you ever really happy with your blow dry?

I ask because I’ve been to a new hairdresser this morning and once again, HATE the way she has blow dried it. I’m off for a shower to redo it myself.
I have shoulder length hair which left to dry naturally, goes wavy but literally a 5 minute (or less) blast at home, it goes straight-ish with a hint of wave, the way I like it.
I seem to always leave hair dressing salons with a bouffant teased motorcycle helmet look, or poker straight if I fancy a change.
I try to convey my wishes every time but get told that they are trained to “do it properly”.
I have never left a hairdresser happy with the blow dry, any advice and does anyone else feel my pain?

Why I’ve tried a new hairdresser is a whole different story, not sure this one is a keeper yet

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Rarely. I like mine poker straight so would rather a blast of the hairdryer then the straighteners through it.
But they insist on blow drying it straight, which lasts all of 2 seconds with my hair. At least I don’t have to wash it though, can just straighten it
Old 13 Oct 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

could you just go for a wet cut? My mum does this because she hates her hair dried by the hairdresser. I do know mine likes to dry my hair to check the cut doesnt need a minor adjustment.

I love going to mine though she is fab and I can never replicate what she does even though I like when I dry it too.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pippy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I ask because I’ve been to a new hairdresser this morning and once again, HATE the way she has blow dried it. I’m off for a shower to redo it myself.
I have shoulder length hair which left to dry naturally, goes wavy but literally a 5 minute (or less) blast at home, it goes straight-ish with a hint of wave, the way I like it.
I seem to always leave hair dressing salons with a bouffant teased motorcycle helmet look, or poker straight if I fancy a change.
I try to convey my wishes every time but get told that they are trained to “do it properly”.
I have never left a hairdresser happy with the blow dry, any advice and does anyone else feel my pain?

Why I’ve tried a new hairdresser is a whole different story, not sure this one is a keeper yet
This could literally be my post! I have this issue every single time! It took me years to find a decent hairdresser and I’ve been going to same girl now for about 2 years, she does a great cut and is lovely... but... it doesn’t matter what I say, I come out with either hair that’s been straightened within an inch of its life or a full-on perm! I say every time I wants it styling natural looking with a couple of waves on the bottom (its naturally very wavy and just below my shoulders) but I have always had the same issue wherever I’ve gone. Last week, I took in a photo, and I felt patronising and it was straight style and just some natural flicks at the bottom, well she put the straighteners on, and the full-on curls started! I felt rude but I had to say something, and I still came out looking like medusa! Straight home and ran the straighteners through it as I always do. Its literally a standing joke in my house now, pleased it’s not just me!
Pippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

I feel your pain! I often come home & either straighten it the way I like it or even wet it & dry it again, I’ve started saying I’ll dry it myself as I’ve come on my bike & will have a helmet on & the helmet would make a mess of it 🙈
Old 13 Oct 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
No. I’ve never come out looking the blow dry despite the hairdresser. I’m always happy with the colour and cut but it only feels right when I’ve washed, dried and straightened it myself.
I would love to be able to go to the hairdressers before a night out like some women but it just doesn’t work for me
I recently bought a dryer brush thing that really makes a difference when blow drying and adds body which I like so there’s progress
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou46
slightly serious Dibber

Always love what my hairdresser does, always leaves it silky and swinging... mind you my hairdresser is also my granddaughter
lindylou46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

I dont bother having my hair dried in the hairdressers anymore as I used to hate how they did it

I always have a root tint and wet cut and that’s it

I dry my hair as soon as I get home, works for me and is loads cheaper than paying for a blow dry that I hate

Edie
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

I like to twist my hair with straighteners, but if I ever have mine dried at the salon, my hairdresser insists on using tongs and it gives a completely different look which I’m not so keen on. I don’t bother any more and leave it damp - I’m only a couple of minutes walk home so I can finish it off myself
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

I thought there was no such thing as a bad blow dry?!
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List