Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Oct 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I take magnesium and that seems to help a lot as I was getting it really bad every night .
Stress definitely makes it worse .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

I had it for a few years and really suffered at night. Got hardly any sleep so was tired all the time. Nothing helped really, but took ibufrofen sometimes .
Looking back there must have been a deficiency of something as the last few years I've not had a problem. Thinking about it it may have coinsided to an extent with me starting to take multi vitamins every day. Not really thought about it until now.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Well done to everyone who has it under control or got rid of it. I have my fingers crossed regarding being low on iron/ferritin. For many years I have had B12 injections. Usually I have annual blood tests but not this year, understandably. A few years ago I had a folic acid deficiency so low ferritin would not surprise me. The fronts of my lower legs hurt permanently, sometimes more than others, depending how restless my legs are or have been. I do take ibuprofen, although I shouldn’t due to an inflamed stomach lining! I have also read that it can be hereditary. I don’t think either of my parents had it but they both died when they were 64 so I have not got much to go on.

I recently started taking calcium channel blockers for high blood pressure. Last week I read that they are a big no no for restless legs.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I've has RL's for years and never found a cure, I get it most nights it drives me crazy, I get up and walk around, normally on the cold floor in the kitchen. My dr. has never offered any help/suggestions he just said I would have to learn to live with it.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My DH went to the doctors with RLS and they did tests etc and they came back as he's diabetic!
Type 2 but he's fit, healthy, exercises regularly and isn't overweight!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

I've had it, the menopause can cause it 🙄
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
I've has RL's for years and never found a cure, I get it most nights it drives me crazy, I get up and walk around, normally on the cold floor in the kitchen. My dr. has never offered any help/suggestions he just said I would have to learn to live with it.
That is very cruel. When did you seek your GP’s help? Apparently a lot more is known about it than it was ten years ago.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Had it all my life.. and my 19 year old son likewise. Fortunately it is slight, but we will be vigorously shaking a leg for hours on end.

Whilst we put up with it, it drives my wife mad !

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:09 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 23, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNikki
slightly serious Dibber

I have RLS and it’s driving me insane. Any help appreciated.
DisneyNikki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 23, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mine is definitely hormonal as I’ve had it since I got prevent with DS. Now only get it at certain times, but it most nights during that time.
I’ve also found dehydration makes it worse.
Only thing that helps is getting up and walking around/stretching and then elevating my legs on a pillow.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List