Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 29 Oct 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Hendriks
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Thoughts on next Easter ? As used borrowed points ?

Hello just wondering what the advice and thoughts are here?

We have direct Coppercreek points and a resale contract for Saratoga

We’ve booked October 2020 Coppercreek in November 2019 using borrowed CCV points from the 2021 year.

Earlier this yearin September we cancelled the Oct booking and moved it into April next year

I did a mixture of Baylake tower tower using. SsR points and the. used the borrowed CCV to book Riviera

Half of the CCV points were unborrowed went back into next years use year

I still have 250 Saratoga points to bank that I couldn’t use for the Riviera booking as they were resale.

What are peoples thoughts about April next year do you think it will be safe to go ?

I’m wondering whether to cancel the Riviera booking using borrowed CCV points and then in November at 11 month window book a two week trip for October 2021 next year at CCV ?

And then use the current ssr points for a five day stay replacing the Riviera booking above?

I’m thinking if we had to cancel in January next year then it will be easier to sell normal points rather than trying to sell transfer borrowed points?
Hendriks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
really depends on your UY as those borrowed points are stuck in their new year IYKWIM Currently we are going in May at the time of booking i was supremely confident ... now not so much
sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hendriks View Post
I’m wondering whether to cancel the Riviera booking using borrowed CCV points and then in November at 11 month window book a two week trip for October 2021 next year at CCV ?
We also have doubts about being allowed to travel until after Spring next year and if we're still not allowed to enter the USA or we feel safe to travel then we're lucky to be able to bank into 2022.

But if we had points that had to be used in 2021 then we would be making reservations that could also be easily rented if we couldn't go. We wouldn't book the typical British long reservation of weeks at a time and instead book a number of shorter reservations for the US market.

So if you go ahead and book your 2-weeks for Oct 2021 at CCV then consider breaking it down into 4 or more separate reservations so having two short weekend reservations and even breaking up the midweek nights.

If you do go then it's easy to merge continuous reservations, whereas if you don't then splitting up a 2-week CCV reservation so to rent is not so easy.

Also consider 1st Oct is the 50th anniversary so any reservations including that date or soon after should be sought after and a lot easier to rent.

Just checked CCV and looks like a studio might be hard to come by if you're planning for early Oct, suggest being online at 11.55 today so ready at exactly 12.00 to try and book from 30th Sept, as looks like they are walking reservations so to ensure a 50th anniversary reservation.

Good luck.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List