Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Nov 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I bought one from Asda £55 I think

Didn’t want to spend much on one, but it’s fab , chips are much nicer done in the air fryer .

We also do things like chicken breasts, wings etc .

My two both use it as it’s quick and easy when just cooking for themselves .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve had ours for 3 years and still use it several times a week, usually chips, either frozen or homemade, but also put pies, garlic bread slices, chicken, fish fingers, sausages, burgers. Things like spring rolls are great as they go crispy. It’s great for the kids as we throw it all in. I have never preheated, just turn it on.
Disadvantages? They are quite big and for some reason ours has quite a short lead.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
rhyger
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ds bought one on Sun from Amazon. It's only a small Tower one, about as big as a kettle. I was very sceptical but really it's the best thing ever, we've used it every day! Our sons work and eat at different times so rather than putting the oven on and off all day, they have been using the hairdryer. No preheating, super quick and food tastes great. Very easy to clean. Now we know how good it is, we would have had a bigger one years ago
rhyger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

We bought one at the start of lockdown and it is now by far our most used kitchen appliance.

Chips, chicken, bacon, fish fingers, sausages, black pudding, boiled eggs (I kid you not, I cannot cook boiled eggs on the job - either too runny or hard but I get them perfect every time in the air fryer ), baked potatoes - basically anything you can cook in the oven.

There’s only two of us and I can’t remember the last time we used the oven.

We also bought one for OHs dad and then one for his mum and they both use their all the time too.

These are the ones we bought
argos/product/6999...:fryers:7:37:1
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Oh yes jacket potatoes are fab in the air fryer , much nicer than the oven .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'm on my 2nd air fryer, dropped the 1st one when we did the kitchen a few years ago. We use it all the time, love making jacket spuds in it, the kids know how to use it and can make themselves something to eat when we're out without burning the house down aswell!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I have thought about one of these for a while but was always worried that it would make the house smell of fried goods. I think you might have all persuaded me though. What size should I be look at for a family of 4?
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I have thought about one of these for a while but was always worried that it would make the house smell of fried goods. I think you might have all persuaded me though. What size should I be look at for a family of 4?
My house never smells when it's being used, use hardly any oil, if any at all. We are a family of 4 (6 if you count mum and dad) and we have the Phillips Air Fryer.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
My house never smells when it's being used, use hardly any oil, if any at all. We are a family of 4 (6 if you count mum and dad) and we have the Phillips Air Fryer.
Thank you. Sorry for the million questions but does it cook faster than a normal oven? Also do you just need a tiny bit of oil if you are doing chips from a potato? Do they come out crispy! I usually buy Home fries and do them in the oven but if I could make chips from scratch with just a tiny bit of oil I would imagine they would be far healthier.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
raven45678
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Yoghurt?! Well I never!
Is this the one with the grid/grill like air fryer lid? How do you find that to clean?
Yes, yoghurt! The airfryer temperature goes down as low as 40 degrees which is just low enough to make yoghurt, as the miilk needs a constant temperature over a long time. We also dehydrate tomatoes to preserve them in it too. The version we have is this one so the drawer pulls out via the big handle at the front, rather than a 'Foodi' if that's what you mean. It's really easy to clean through the dishwasher or by hand as it is so very non-stick. Smells are no more than with the oven to be honest. Very little oil is needed - don't need to use it really if you don't want for most things. Chips for the two of us take 20 minutes, though a bit longer of they are thick or the drawer is all full.

Edited at 09:45 PM.
raven45678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List