Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 22 Nov 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile What are you getting your other half?

As the title says, what, if anything are you getting your other half?

Do they know or is it a surprise ?
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’m getting my DH a camera. He wants a GoPro type of camera but I saw a suggestion on a thread in the photo/camera forum and it suggested another make and it gets good reviews so think I’ll go with that. He knows about it.

He doesn’t know about the hot dog warmer (I mentioned this gift on the food forum) that is a joke present as he loves hot dogs.😅
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Probably not a lot!

Our bathroom renovation has cost way more than we thought, and an investigation into a small leak in our en suite has uncovered a multitude of other problems.

We will probably get some theatre tickets for later in the year and plan a meal out or something on the night.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

After being together 40 plus years it’s just a token in our stockings we all buy something up To 3 / 5 pounds for the family stockings and that’s it
But if either of us want something big we just buy it
I actually get more pleasure buying for others rather than receiving but I also love a surprise like yesterday DH was in Sainsbury’s and bought me a deer family Christmas decorations for my winter lantern and I love it
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

This year i’m getting him a vinyl New Order record that’s just been re-released. Usually he tells me not to buy anything (we’re fortunate enough to buy most of what we want when we want, and it honestly wouldn’t bother him if he got nothing). Apart from that i’ll get him a couple of little token things like a plain chocolate orange and a new paper diary for work).
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
An IOU for a weekend away without the kids as we don't really give presents anymore as nine times out of ten I have to return what DH buys me ! The kids and dog buy us a wee gift though.

On saying that we still have an IOU from last year but due to my Mum being ill and then covid restrictions we still haven't been away.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

It’s his birthday tomorrow and I bought him a Barbour jacket - a lined, insulated waterproof as he’d been admiring a girl version I bought myself. He’s already had that though as I needed him to try it on plus he might as well get the use out of it.

I’ve also bought a bike rack for the car. He’s been saying he’d get one, as he’s got an e-bike and I’ve got one on order, but it didn’t happen so I took matters into my own hands.

For Christmas I will get him a few bits to open, books, pants and socks, sweeties etc. but that’s it.
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Coffee machine , Gin , training shoes ( non brand just for work ) liquorice
Old 23 Nov 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Stocking fillers.

Mainly as we get what we need when we need it plus anything tech he’d much rather choose his own version of something for the best price.
Old 23 Nov 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

He’s rediscovered his love for vinyl ( or those big black round things as our oldest refers to them). So a couple of his recent favs on vinyl.
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List