Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 May 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Whatever you do... DO NOT stay at the HOTEL PENNSYLVANNIA... yep, the one from the song.
Its absolutely awful.. great position but dreadful. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaju&bob
Imagineer

We stayed at The Lotte New York in February and loved it, we walked to most places, Hotel staff and rooms were really nice. We had a room overlooking St Patricks cathedral, wouldn’t stay anywhere else, hope to go back again
PO Riverside 2002 2007 2009 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 (2017) 2018 2019 2020
Animal Kingdom 2006
Floridaju&bob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve booked the hilton midtown. Hopefully its nice,wanted to be close to everything but not directly in times square
Old 15 May 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by xXxSammi88xXx View Post
We’ve booked the hilton midtown. Hopefully its nice,wanted to be close to everything but not directly in times square
its a nice hotel hopefully you get a room overlooking 6th Ave !

there is a decent diner a couple of blocks up for breakfast on 6th, come out of the hotel & turn left (heading towards central park) its greek ran and iirc called the astro
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chocgirl93 View Post
Can anyone advise?

looking to book 2 double beds in a hotel in a quieter location away from Time Square would anyone recommend:

The Lotte New York Palace or the The Roosevelt Hotel?

My head is actually swimming trying to get somewhere booked!

I am trying to price up BA flights with hotel added.

Many thanks

Laura x
Avoid the Roosevelt!

When we went in Jan we were at the Intercontinental Barclay and our friends at the Roosevelt. They all hated it there. The lobby is very nice, but the rooms were not good. They even had days without hot water (in January...). The Barclay on the other hand was great.
Old 15 May 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Chocgirl93
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Haven’t stayed at either but it’s actually my dream to stay at Lotte. It’s so beautiful! And great location.
Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Whatever you do... DO NOT stay at the HOTEL PENNSYLVANNIA... yep, the one from the song.
Its absolutely awful.. great position but dreadful. x
Originally Posted by Floridaju&bob View Post
We stayed at The Lotte New York in February and loved it, we walked to most places, Hotel staff and rooms were really nice. We had a room overlooking St Patricks cathedral, wouldn’t stay anywhere else, hope to go back again
Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Avoid the Roosevelt!

When we went in Jan we were at the Intercontinental Barclay and our friends at the Roosevelt. They all hated it there. The lobby is very nice, but the rooms were not good. They even had days without hot water (in January...). The Barclay on the other hand was great.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, much appreciated. I thought it was difficult deciding on villas in Florida!

New York is in another league

I really like the look of the Intercontinental New York Barclay now too
Chocgirl93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Chocgirl93 View Post
Thanks for all the advice everyone, much appreciated. I thought it was difficult deciding on villas in Florida!

New York is in another league

I really like the look of the Intercontinental New York Barclay now too
There are certainly plenty to choose from!

The main thing that I always try for is a complimentary breakfast. Breakfasts can soon add up.. I am also very thorough in researching reviews.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
There are certainly plenty to choose from!

The main thing that I always try for is a complimentary breakfast. Breakfasts can soon add up.. I am also very thorough in researching reviews.
Breakfast at the Barclay was crazy expensive - $50 per person!

Plenty of diners nearby which are rather more reasonable!
Old 16 May 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

We have stayed at the Marriot Eastside in Lexington Ave, great location and a great hotel, the Waldorf Astoria, (would not recommend this hotel so noisy), when we go on New Years day we have chosen Iberostar 70 Park Ave which has great reviews and is close to most places.
Old 16 May 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

We stayed at the New Yorker and The Skyline last year. We were at the New Yorker first for 4 nights then The Skyline before and after a tour.

We found the New Yorker OK. Well positioned with good security. However our rooms were tiny - DH had to go sideways to get into the bathroom and no where to store our cases. We stayed there as DD wanted to go to NY and couldn’t afford the Skyline.

The Skyline doesn’t look to be in a good area but it was fine, lots of places to eat that the locals use but no visible security. We had good breakfasts in a local deli for less tha $10 for two people. The rooms were massive, if a little old fashioned and it only had a tiny lounge area downstairs. It was no where near as up market as the New Yorker but cost more but was only a 5 minute walk to Times Square.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List