Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 May 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Just be aware, know someone who went and the island had a shortage of food basics- the restaurant didn't have things like bread, and they got a partial refund. They'd been multiple times and not seen this before, not sure why.
Old 14 May 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=YorkshireT;13843011]Just be aware, know someone who went and the island had a shortage of food basics- the restaurant didn't have things like bread, and they got a partial refund. They'd been multiple times and not seen this before, not sure why.

Ooh I’ve seen some things on trip advisor about bread running out in hotels .When did they go plesse?
Don’t think it would put me off though / could do with losing some weight !
inky1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We stayed in Guardalavaca quite a few years ago as part of a two centre holiday,the second bit being in Havana. Nice resort, can't remember the name of the hotel which had typical facilities to get at any AI venue. The internal flight to Havana was different, old Russian aircraft, entered via the rear up one of those ramps you see on military aircraft, some of the seat belts had to be tied. Plane seemed to take an age to take off. Havana definitely worth a visit. Flew with the Cuban national airline to/from the UK, not the best.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=inky1;13843157]
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Just be aware, know someone who went and the island had a shortage of food basics- the restaurant didn't have things like bread, and they got a partial refund. They'd been multiple times and not seen this before, not sure why.

Ooh I’ve seen some things on trip advisor about bread running out in hotels .When did they go plesse?
Don’t think it would put me off though / could do with losing some weight !
Not sure it was my mate's in laws- he was telling me on Saturday how badly it effected the holiday- lots of basic foods missing. Not sure why, I hadn't heard about it, hopefully temporary !
Old 15 May 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
[QUOTE=YorkshireT;13844217]
Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
Not sure it was my mate's in laws- he was telling me on Saturday how badly it effected the holiday- lots of basic foods missing. Not sure why, I hadn't heard about it, hopefully temporary !
We were there 15 yrs ago and shortages of certain food items were a problem in restaurants in Havana. I know this was a long time ago but maybe its an ongoing theme
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List