Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Aug 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Approximate villa rental cost

I've looked at so many villas in the last 24 hours my poor little brain is fit to burst. We've only stayed onsite before and I feel rather out of my depth.

There's only 5 of us so looking at 3 and 4 bed properties, what sort of prices should I be looking around for a week in August? I know it'll vary by area, the one I'm thinking of booking is in Davenport. It £730 good? It's a 3 bed, 2 bath with nice standard size pool and games room.

Thanks.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If you've looked at lots then you must have an idea of where the pricing is?

I have to say we don't go on price - we find a villa we like (right size, location, orientation to the sun, not too overlooked etc etc) and pay whatever it costs.

I would say be careful of going too small - fine if 3 beds are OK for you but make sure the living space still has room to spread out, the dining tables will seat you all etc. It's probably more of an issue in bigger villas though - sometimes they say they'll sleep 12/14 but the rest of the villa really isn't geared up for that.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

Have you put a request in the villa section of the forum? There is a couple of sticky's at the top of the accommodation forum about what checks to complete on a villa before booking. Once you have settled on a particular villa make sure you ask the owner any questions that you have about the property.

If it makes it easier make a list of your wants from the property such as number of bedrooms, reliable wi-fi, pool, games room etc and this should help to narrow down the number of villas.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pixiebelle View Post
Have you put a request in the villa section of the forum? There is a couple of sticky's at the top of the accommodation forum about what checks to complete on a villa before booking. Once you have settled on a particular villa make sure you ask the owner any questions that you have about the property.

If it makes it easier make a list of your wants from the property such as number of bedrooms, reliable wi-fi, pool, games room etc and this should help to narrow down the number of villas.

Good luck and happy hunting.
I have thank you, haven't found a dibb villa that's quite right yet with availability unfortunately.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
If you've looked at lots then you must have an idea of where the pricing is?

I have to say we don't go on price - we find a villa we like (right size, location, orientation to the sun, not too overlooked etc etc) and pay whatever it costs.

I would say be careful of going too small - fine if 3 beds are OK for you but make sure the living space still has room to spread out, the dining tables will seat you all etc. It's probably more of an issue in bigger villas though - sometimes they say they'll sleep 12/14 but the rest of the villa really isn't geared up for that.
Thank you. I've seen prices from £600 to £1200 and it's just hard to work out what's what. I'm probably over complicating it
Old 28 Aug 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
I've looked at so many villas in the last 24 hours my poor little brain is fit to burst. We've only stayed onsite before and I feel rather out of my depth.

There's only 5 of us so looking at 3 and 4 bed properties, what sort of prices should I be looking around for a week in August? I know it'll vary by area, the one I'm thinking of booking is in Davenport. It £730 good? It's a 3 bed, 2 bath with nice standard size pool and games room.

Thanks.
Around and about that figure, some lower, some higher.

If you are looking at a games room I'd make sure it's air conditioned. Without zircon they may as well be marketed as saunas, especially so in August.

We recently stayed at Solterra Resort, Champions Gate and found we could be at the parks in 20 minutes, however with heavy traffic that was easily an hour. I'd be looking somewhere closer to the Four Corners area personally.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Around and about that figure, some lower, some higher.

If you are looking at a games room I'd make sure it's air conditioned. Without zircon they may as well be marketed as saunas, especially so in August.

We recently stayed at Solterra Resort, Champions Gate and found we could be at the parks in 20 minutes, however with heavy traffic that was easily an hour. I'd be looking somewhere closer to the Four Corners area personally.
Thank you, I'll keep the air con in mind and have a look at that area.
Old 30 Aug 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed in a lovely villa in 2018 in Davenport (not a dibb villa, I can send you the details if you like), 3 bed 2 bath and it was lovely, I think we paid £1100 for 10 nights.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Try the Formosa Gardens Area, including Windsor Palms. Very close to Disney and lots of eateries nearby as well as Target and Walmart very close by.
Price can vary so much dependent on facilities. WP do have a lovely community pool and a little shop too for essentials.
That price you mentioned sounds ok 👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Total minefield and yes, weekly prices do fluctuate hugely villa to villa for many reasons.

It’s a case of whether you want what you’re paying for. If there’s loads of features that raise the cost, are you going to utilise them in order to justify a higher price bracket? At the same time, if the price is at the lower end is the villa rundown with older photos?

It really is a case of trawling and trawling. As someone has already mentioned, if there are five of you you need to make sure the living space is big enough. The living room area is often lacking in seating for the amount of bedrooms it can sleep.