Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 Jun 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Hotels.com / Clubcard Vouchers Cancellation

For those that have cancelled, what form did the refund of the Clubcard points take? Did you just get a Hotels.com voucher for the amount or did you get the points back on your Clubcard account? Thanks.
Old 23 Jun 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

When I cancelled mine back in May I was told by Tesco that I would have the points returned however I am still waiting on that happening. I have since been told that how cancelled Clubcard bookings will be refunded has changed and Hotels.com are now only providing a voucher for the value of the Clubcard voucher.

I was told the day I cancelled my booking that I would be refunded the points and a form was apparently completed that day but as yet no refund of points. The cash part was refunded to my credit card on 2nd June. I spoke to Clubcard again on 11th June and this was when I was told the points were no longer being refunded. As I had previously been told they would be Clubcard are chasing this for me.

They called me on Saturday to advise that the forms are only being submitted once a week and mine was only submitted last Friday as they had missed the cut off the previous Friday. I questioned this as it was the Thursday I called them but they couldn’t say why it was missed in that case. The person who called me on Saturday said to give it a few more days, however if I haven’t heard anything by Friday I will call them.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m waiting for a refund too. I paid £62 and the rest I paid for in clubcard points. The hotel cancelled my booking last week, h spoke to hotels.com on Sunday who said I would get £62 back in cash but I could get an answer back about how long the points would take to go back on!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

I have been communicating with Hotels.com about moving my Gatwick hotel the night before to our holiday which we moved to May 2021. I had an email today to call hotels.com because they had heard back from Bloc to confirm the move. I had to pay the total amount (minus £20 that I paid previously in cash and the rest was vouchers), they then said that I would get the Tesco vouchers refunded to the card I paid on - which I paid by CC which would mean I would get the cash equivalent.

Whether it is returned in cash or back to Tesco vouchers I don't mind, I am happy that I could move it.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

I've also been told something completely different between the live chat I had last night and the live chat I had this morning. Nothing like consistency, eh?!?

They have now said that the Clubcard element will come back to me as a Hotels.com voucher (shame as I wanted the points so that I could add them to the current points value I have and get more off my future booking). We shall see...
Old 23 Jun 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

I had the points returned within 72 hours, and they were converted into clubcard vouchers in the last statement (May was it?) So I don't have to use them for hotels.com (I'm hoping to though, reminds me to check the date)
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

I've just logged into my account and I'm on minus 300 points! (not including vouchers) i guess it's from where I've had all my florida stuff refunded.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I cancelled with hotels.com a couple of weeks ago. Received the cash refund within a few days. Tesco clubcard has been a whole different story! I rang twice, as there was no option to email, and I received 2 different versions of what would happen. I managed to complete an email form at the weekend, and they confirmed that hotels.com should be sending me a voucher for the equivalent value of clubcard vouchers used. I’ll give it another week and chase again.
Old 23 Jun 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

I cancelled a booking with Hotels.com. They refunded the taxes. Tesco told me by email that Hotels.com would refund the value of the Tesco vouchers as a hotels.com voucher AFTER the date I should have travelled in August. If this happens that’s fine as I’m happy to book again ...
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
I cancelled a booking with Hotels.com. They refunded the taxes. Tesco told me by email that Hotels.com would refund the value of the Tesco vouchers as a hotels.com voucher AFTER the date I should have travelled in August. If this happens that’s fine as I’m happy to book again ...
Oh, so I'd have to wait until September to get my voucher to use on my new booking. Madness that they wouldn't just let me transfer the booking!