Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Sep 20, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Jay_
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Tampa is possibly the best airport I’ve ever used. Very good.
I've always been lucky with MCO, but have seen the immigration queues build up behind me. But excited to see what Tampa offers.

Plus, I enjoy driving, so the hour or so drive, teamed with a £500ish saving made it a no brainer!
Jay_ is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Jay_ View Post
Ba in June '21 for us. Tampa was slightly cheaper than MCO so we bit the bullet and picked that one. Plus, Tampa seems to get favourable mentions
We prefer Tampa. We normally stay the night at the Marriott, have dinner at Hard Rock and then drive to Orlando the next morning.
Old 14 Sep 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jay_ View Post
I've always been lucky with MCO, but have seen the immigration queues build up behind me. But excited to see what Tampa offers.

Plus, I enjoy driving, so the hour or so drive, teamed with a £500ish saving made it a no brainer!
Tampa is much better than MCO in every respect.

Yes the drive is no bother. When we stay in Orlando we often have day trips out to the coast no issues, it’s not far at all. Last year we went for a day to Tampa River Walk (great that) and Anna Maria Island. Driving there and back same day is nothing.
Old 14 Sep 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

I booked a week or so ago for end of May, exactly the same as this year was supposed to be with a slightly bigger car and it was nearly £400 cheaper, with all the cancellation policy with BA I thought it was a no brainier - and if it doesn't happen there is always 2022
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
spinone lover
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Tampa is much better than MCO in every respect.

Yes the drive is no bother. When we stay in Orlando we often have day trips out to the coast no issues, it’s not far at all. Last year we went for a day to Tampa River Walk (great that) and Anna Maria Island. Driving there and back same day is nothing.
Tampa river walk sounds interesting 🤔 will give that a try.
spinone lover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by spinone lover View Post
Tampa river walk sounds interesting 🤔 will give that a try.
Oh me and Mrs YT loved it. Left the kids in the parks. We drove to Tampa, parked up at the beginning which is in a nice park area with these converted warehouse restaurants and coffee shops where the trendies of Tampa seemed to hang out. We then walked the whole thing to the cruise terminal which has now become a destination in itself with bars and casual restaurants. We then walked back- about 5 miles in total- highly recommended.

Start:

En route:

Cruise terminal at end:

Old 17 Sep 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Joining the BA 2021 hopeful gang too!

Booked last night day before Scottish schools come off for summer (June) into July. Gla via lgw into MCO 16 nights plus group W car for 2A 2C £2046. £350 deposit paid balance due beginning of June.

I felt this was a decent enough price for summer holidays. Prefer to go September time (should be there right now ☹️ but we’re tied to school holidays next year.

Went with the bigger car in case my daughter and her bf decide to join us but if it ends up just the four of us we’ll have plenty of space 😂

Now to tentatively plan the rest.

Edited at 09:00 AM.
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List