Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Dec 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
September for us fingers crossed some normality by then .
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Albeit not Florida, we have a trip booked to the US in September , moved from December there. I so hope we get as this was meant to be my big birthday trip and my dh big birthday trip in May coming has already been cancelled.
I do think we will get though, I’m pretty confident.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Trying to be optimistic for September but starting to become a bit worried if I'm honest. I think we will evaluate things again in June. Lots can happen between now and then.

Edited at 10:31 PM.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I think i've lost the plot as booked August 21 today, after cancelling Easter. In my head I think that Feb 22 was more realistic, but mentally at least i have a milestone to work towards. If that gets cancelled it won't seem as long to 2022.

Silly logic I know 😂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MamaG View Post
We are booked for 17th July for 3 weeks, and keeping everything crossed it goes ahead after 2 trips already being cancelled. I have already had my first dose of the vaccine, it will be interesting to see how quickly it gets rolled out, as my husband is 39 with no underlying health conditions so won't be a priority. the children will be 13 and 11. I think it all depends on what decisions are made about opening the borders and whether or not we all need to be vaccinated x
Exact same dates and duration as our rebooked trip. Things change quickly (ok usually for the worse) so let’s stay positive.

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I think Summer trips are very likely to happen.

One caveat, virus mutation and vaccine avoidance that they do not spot quick enough and new version gets another foothold before new vaccines rolled out.

Virus has vaccine evading properties and so it will happen eventually, we just need to have suppressed Covid 1 enough before Covid 2 develops, and have the necessary surveillance to switch the vaccine and start another round of shots ( like flu) before it hits.
Old 22 Dec 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

At the moment booked for Aug/Sept this is the 3rd time its been moved so far. Have gone from really hopeful to not so sure but will just hope for the best at this point

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

I think we’ll be travelling by august but with face masks, social distancing and some kind of vaccine documentation. Just not worth the expense and all the worry for us. Looking like 2022.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

We have everything crossed for August 2021. But losing hope recently. We wouldn't go if masks still mandatory as we have a 2 year old and it would be very difficult to keep her with a mask on!
Otherwise we would move it to Easter 2022 ...
Aurora2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
I think we’ll be travelling by august but with face masks, social distancing and some kind of vaccine documentation. Just not worth the expense and all the worry for us. Looking like 2022.
I agree. 90 degree heat and face masks don’t make for a good holiday. Also, Disney have no plans to bring back fast passes until social distancing finishes due to lack of space.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List