Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 11 Jan 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Glad I could introduce you to it - it can become addictive I now desperately need a season 3 haha. I have to say I'm glad it resolved the tripitaka issue as a child I could never figure out if it was a boy or a girl when it was what looked like a girl playing it, this one at least clarifies that. I really like martial arts and like all the new cast so binge watching was easy :-) Dad thinks I'm bonkers but the kids love it too.
Same as, always thought Tripitaka was a girl in the original, totally confused when I found out 'she' was supposed to be a boy, I like the new sandy as well, only thing that is slightly irritating is the odd fairly obvious Australian accent coming through which doesn't add to the authenticity 😀
I'm kind of addicted to k Drama's particularly historical ones at minute so nice to watch something without subtitles for once
When I try to introduce my kids to the cultural delights of 70/80's TV and films like Monkey, flash Gordon the movie there's a lot of eye rolling etc in this house

Edited at 01:17 PM.
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Loved original ... I may have to check this out ... I loved the Water Margin too
I don't remember the water margin? or is that a new one?
Old 11 Jan 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I don't remember the water margin? or is that a new one?
Here you are;

SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Here you are;

nope definitely haven't seen that one but can someone please tell me how to put an insert in :-) I really miss some of the old programmes I think I'm the only one who finds all these reality TV programmes really boring :-(
Old 11 Jan 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Woo Hoo - think I got this worked out. you do realise that I am now going to plague this forum with inserts
Old 11 Jan 21, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
Same as, always thought Tripitaka was a girl in the original, totally confused when I found out 'she' was supposed to be a boy, I like the new sandy as well, only thing that is slightly irritating is the odd fairly obvious Australian accent coming through which doesn't add to the authenticity 😀
I'm kind of addicted to k Drama's particularly historical ones at minute so nice to watch something without subtitles for once
When I try to introduce my kids to the cultural delights of 70/80's TV and films like Monkey, flash Gordon the movie there's a lot of eye rolling etc in this house
HaHa yes I like the new sandy too she's wonderfully strange and I really like her - think it suits being a girl too. I did have to go back and show my kids the original Monkey so they could see what I was harping on about, ironically the link YT posted with the theme tune. 6 year old now can't stop singing monkey magic. I'm not sure if that was a good idea or a bad one at the moment - (I don't think he's going to be a singer when he grows up ! ) but both of them have been twirling sticks round pretending to be the monkey king - it makes me smile thinking about it.
Old 13 Jan 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Yep same one a few slight differences and no bad dubbing
I’ll give this a look, but surely the bad dubbing was one of the biggest appeals of the original
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I loved the original & the new Netflix series. If you don’t mind subtitles, the Korean series on Netflix are wonderful. The Monkey King saga ‘A Korean Odyssey’ is my favourite & the best Zombie movie I’ve ever seen is ‘Train to Busan’.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List