Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 26 Jan 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Renting points out - what do you need?

I am just about to rent a few points out on a rental site. What info would I need to take from them?

Should I keep everything being emailed to me? Ie the reservation?

I have agreed payment-assume they would just pay to my PayPal. I have added dollars on to the account.

Should I make a contract?

Many thanks!

Joanne x
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

You can google DVC contract and find one easily, best to have something in writing. I would state you want payment via Paypal not all people in USA have it I found (if you are renting to them) and what the cancellation terms are.

You can always go via Daves DVC rentals if you are nervous, he's offering $14.50-$15.50 per point.

I am trying myself and with Dave at the moment.

Edited at 08:14 PM.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by parkgirl View Post
I am just about to rent a few points out on a rental site. What info would I need to take from them?

Should I keep everything being emailed to me? Ie the reservation?

I have agreed payment-assume they would just pay to my PayPal. I have added dollars on to the account.

Should I make a contract?

Many thanks!

Joanne x
Keep in my mind if you have "regular" points you are trying to rent out the transfer option might be the best option for you. Regular points can be transferred from member to member and you don't have to worry about check in and check out dates or the possibility of the renter wanting to make adjustments to the reservation after it has been booked.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 27 Jan 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Jason what are your thoughts on renting out a confirmed reservation. Is it usually more attractive than simply renting points?
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Jason what are your thoughts on renting out a confirmed reservation. Is it usually more attractive than simply renting points?
If you have a confirmed reservation for a studio (they are in the most demand) and for some type of peak period it is a great method to rent out your points. For example, a Bay Lake Tower studio for 3 or 4 nights over a holiday weekend or marathon weekend.

It works out even better if you can find something that matches your exact total of points you are trying to rent out. For example, trying to rent out 112 points and you find a desirable reservation that is between 108 and 112 points then it becomes even better for you.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 28 Jan 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JasonErpelding View Post
If you have a confirmed reservation for a studio (they are in the most demand) and for some type of peak period it is a great method to rent out your points. For example, a Bay Lake Tower studio for 3 or 4 nights over a holiday weekend or marathon weekend.

It works out even better if you can find something that matches your exact total of points you are trying to rent out. For example, trying to rent out 112 points and you find a desirable reservation that is between 108 and 112 points then it becomes even better for you.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Ah, thank you. I have an 8 day reservation secured at VGF for August in a lake view studio (with 2 UY's worth of points). I guess this would give me the option, if we can't travel, to bank the 2021 points and then use the 2020 points to cut that down to a 3/4 night stay covering my 130 points I would lose and rent it like that. Hmmm food for thought that I hope I don't need! Thanks Jason
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Ah, thank you. I have an 8 day reservation secured at VGF for August in a lake view studio (with 2 UY's worth of points). I guess this would give me the option, if we can't travel, to bank the 2021 points and then use the 2020 points to cut that down to a 3/4 night stay covering my 130 points I would lose and rent it like that. Hmmm food for thought that I hope I don't need! Thanks Jason
You're welcome and sounds like a perfect plan. If you end up having to cut it down and rent out that studio it shouldn't have any issue getting rented out.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 29 Jan 21, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JasonErpelding View Post
Keep in my mind if you have "regular" points you are trying to rent out the transfer option might be the best option for you. Regular points can be transferred from member to member and you don't have to worry about check in and check out dates or the possibility of the renter wanting to make adjustments to the reservation after it has been booked.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Jason, can you transfer banked points, please ? I wasn’t familiar with this option? I would assume not?
How does it work with different use years?
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Jason, can you transfer banked points, please ? I wasn’t familiar with this option? I would assume not?
How does it work with different use years?
Unfortunately, you cannot transfer banked or borrowed points. You can only transfer regular points.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 1 Feb 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
never sold points before so not sure how it works if you say go via a broker like Davids. If you say have 300 points does David take the 300 points or does he take so many off you and you make the booking

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List