Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Feb 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tiggers Pal View Post
Was that at Clubcard or Hotels.com? Whichever one it was I’d give the other a try before giving up on it. The reissued hotels.com vouchers were valid until 31/12/2023 so I don’t see why they can’t let you change your booking.
It was with hotels.com x
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Last summer when everyone else was receiving refunds (some for later bookings that were also booked after mine), I didn’t receive a refund of the clubcard vouchers as I was somehow overlooked- because the situation was unfair (as I say others had received refunds), I did fight it for months and was finally given a replacement voucher. I was categorically told though that this was a one off ‘goodwill’ gesture as they were no longer giving refunds.

I’ve used the replacement voucher for an October Hard Rock booking, which I know I will now lose should that holiday not go ahead - it sucks for sure, so whilst this pandemic is still a threat to holidays, I won’t be using any more clubcard vouchers for hotels.com bookings, as I don’t want to lose them again.
I had a horrendous time with them in January last year when they cancelled my booking in error. After my vouchers were reissued and I rebooked they sent me a £30 goodwill voucher for my next booking to be used within 12 months which wasn’t much use since I only use them for hotels when we’re in Florida.

If only I had known in January what was to come I could have saved myself so much hassle! They eventually sent me a voucher code at the end of September for my early July booking but by that time I had my Clubcard vouchers refunded. I think I would use them again but I certainly wouldn’t book early, if anything it would be last minute when I knew the trip was definitely going ahead.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsnicola View Post
It was with hotels.com x
I do think that’s poor on their part given the current circumstances but not really surprising as their customer service is appalling. When they cancelled my booking in error they were a nightmare to deal with, they kept saying that I had cancelled and the vouchers were not refundable.

Hopefully you get some joy from your insurance instead.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

I am in the same situation, I have a hotel in May booked at Gatwick but we are now flying from Heathrow in December and I asked if they could issue a voucher but they have said no but I can change the booking to a new date on the website. Which I cant do as I need to be at Heathrow and not Gatwick.

I am gutted but tbh I am also pleased I am only losing clubcard vouchers and £30 and not the full amount of £130 in cash.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

This is what I had back from a manager 🤯

I want to re-book the same hotel for April 2022 as I am not allowed to travel this year! Can I please not transfer the Clubcard over to another booking? I just find it very unfair I cannot travel but are losing effectively £330 off a hotel booking. Surely you can see my point? Nicola

We truly understand you situation, Nicola. Believe me when I say I've been on that situation as I am a traveler myself. However, we can only adhere to the terms of your booking and the vouchers are automatically replaced if it qualifies the Covid exceptions policy, if it does not, manual adjustment can't be made.

^LG

Edited at 12:56 PM. Reason: Insert picture
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I was refunded my voucher but a hotels.com one and not a clubcard one. I was fine with that as will use it next year.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

I've had the same conversation with them. Replacement voucher given from my August 2020 HRH booking, which I used to book August 2021. When I enquired as to what would happen if we're still not allowed to travel, I was told I just have to lose the £180. Whilst I can understand them not re-issuing another voucher, I can't understand why they won't let you transfer the booking within the original December 2023 window.
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I don’t use Tesco vouchers for hotels as I always transferred to Avios but I am now thinking of what else to use them for including hotels. But I am very confused, you say the hotel is refundable so why won’t they refund? Also I am not clear on whether it is £330 or £110, is it that you get three times the face value when you pay with Tesco vouchers?
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t use Tesco vouchers for hotels as I always transferred to Avios but I am now thinking of what else to use them for including hotels. But I am very confused, you say the hotel is refundable so why won’t they refund? Also I am not clear on whether it is £330 or £110, is it that you get three times the face value when you pay with Tesco vouchers?
Yes, it's worth three times the value of the voucher. So I had £60 of Clubcard vouchers and exchanged it for a £180 Hotels.com voucher. Although it is fully refundable for any cash part-paid, the voucher is non-refundable (although the did make exceptions for this last year and re-issued the voucher).
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Yes, it's worth three times the value of the voucher. So I had £60 of Clubcard vouchers and exchanged it for a £180 Hotels.com voucher. Although it is fully refundable for any cash part-paid, the voucher is non-refundable (although the did make exceptions for this last year and re-issued the voucher).
Wow. Well I won’t be using Tesco vouchers for that then!
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List