Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Mar 21, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Very nice gentleman who advised points should go into RCI and genuinely didn't seem to know about anything else. I mentioned other international owners had been having points extended and was there anything that can be done and he offered to speak to his supervisor, came back and said there were currently exceptions for international travellers he hadn't been aware of and he could do it.
This is extremely disappointing to hear as there will be many International Members who are not members of any social group like The Dibb and therefore would have no clue of this exception.

Even a number of cast-members at Member Services haven't been briefed on this option so how fair is that for our fellow Members.

Many Dibbers had responded to the pre-Annual Condo Association Survey to ask the question on International Members being band from travel into the United States and therefore allowing an exception so points could be banked into future years.

The survey did state:
All feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our cast members. Not all feedback shared here will receive a direct response and in some cases may be addressed more broadly as part of member communications.
Also:
Your feedback is the lifeblood of our business, that will be thoughtfully reviewed by the appropriate leaders, from our board of directors and treasurer to the current condominium association voting representatives. Look for key feedback topics to be addressed in a new “Listening Post” column in development for future editions of Disney Files Magazine.

I never received a direct response and I'm not sure if any Dibbers did at the time that addressed this question with this workable answer.

And while it might well be reported in the future editions of the Disney Files Magazine, that will be far too late for many International Members who like some in Member Services are unaware of this temporary exception to extend and will instead be instructed to transfer their points into RCI.

I can't understand why DVC haven't yet addressed this on the Members website or better still send an email or letter to all their International Members so to highlight to exception.

Thankfully for us we don't have depressed points but if we had and we were advised by Member Services to transfer our points into RCI while there was another but widely unknown option then we would be sending a complaint to DVC via dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Br’er - I suspect these are not really points being extended, but DVC has in fact agreed to swap some of its own 2022 points for member’s expiring points. If this is true, they are being quite charitable. They may not wish to publish it because a) Whilst they are hoping to help out those who ask (if the call staff got the memo), they can only hand out so many points and b) Such an open declaration would invariably call for demands for similar treatment from US owners, which DVC couldn’t hope to facilitate.
If my suspicion is correct, then in this scenario I actually think DVC have gone above and beyond in fairness.
Old 12 Mar 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We dont know what to do, we have a 3 weeks reservation for 9th July, its the timing of 9th July and the May deadlines

do we cancel or not , risk is loosing our reservation or 1080 points

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Br’er - I suspect these are not really points being extended, but DVC has in fact agreed to swap some of its own 2022 points for member’s expiring points. If this is true, they are being quite charitable..
Pretty sure this is what's going on - my Aug use year 2019 points are being replaced with June 21 use year ones.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
We dont know what to do, we have a 3 weeks reservation for 9th July, its the timing of 9th July and the May deadlines

Ali. For you it's a hard one as correct me if I'm wrong but is it right that there are only 3 rooms in SSR of the type you need?

Otherwise I would say pull it and if travel is allowed then you could rebook nearer the time. That is what I will probably do with our late August booking as even with the 50% borrowing rule I could still get what I want as its circa 400 Points for the 4 weeks.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Similar position here.
I have reservation from 23/07 using various points.
I haven’t had the time to hold for MS so emailed.
Was told nothing could be done until reservation was cancelled.
It’s likely that is what I will do as banking deadline for some points is end of this month.
We have a 2 bedroom villa which I am hoping we will be able to rebook at the last minute if travel is allowed.
Am going to have to bite the bullet and sit on hold ...
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

This was similar to the dilemma I faced in December- cancel before end of October and know for sure I can bank my points or hold on. I thought a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, cancelled, banked and booked a cash stay at Swan which we never got to use anyway.
Old 12 Mar 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
This was similar to the dilemma I faced in December- cancel before end of October and know for sure I can bank my points or hold on. I thought a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, cancelled, banked and booked a cash stay at Swan which we never got to use anyway.
Sounds like a plan!
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

I absolutely get this. my thought was to cancel and if I can go and we choose to go rebook but I am after a studio at SSR so have more option than you do. The deadline for us will be when the tickets are due to be paid.

I would rather loose the deposits on them - which isn't much than pay the balance and wait months on end for them to be returned.

Flights are reward flights so can be cancelled very last minute. its expensive to ring but I'm glad I did as I managed to keep hold of all the points. As much as I want to get over there, loads of things are putting me off at the moment - borders not open so still doubtful, Husband still furloughed so cash wise not the best time/ masks still required at pretty much all times :-(
Old 12 Mar 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ali. For you it's a hard one as correct me if I'm wrong but is it right that there are only 3 rooms in SSR of the type you need?

Otherwise I would say pull it and if travel is allowed then you could rebook nearer the time. That is what I will probably do with our late August booking as even with the 50% borrowing rule I could still get what I want as its circa 400 Points for the 4 weeks.
you are right, has to be the fully assessable 2 bedroom villa which there is only 3 at SSR, like you Dec use year so wondering if they put the points back in they would expire prior to next July anyway

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List